Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accepted Holster Qualifications @ Target

CGN frequent flyer

Accepted Holster Qualifications @ Target

Hi,

I am getting mixed information on as to what Holster Qualifcations are accepted @ Target. Besides the obvious IPSC and IDPA, how about the less popular CDP, TDSA and PPC etc.
    Could J.R. please give an official answer on this?

Thanks!
    CSSA Life Member

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    It all depends on what the actual training given to support the holster use was/is.

Some shooting disciplines have no documented and verifiable training course/seminar. We obviously accept an ATC for armed guards and a Shield/badge for LE at face value.

If someone wants to "challenge" the holster qualification requirement, they need to show us some kind of course synopsis and proof of completion. We can then make an informed decision.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks JR for the quick response as usual. I just would like to know if you have already had rules specifically for CDP, PPC and TDSA? I am ok with either way, just need to know for sure before I decide on the proper course.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    It all depends on what the actual training given to support the holster use was/is.

Some shooting disciplines have no documented and verifiable training course/seminar. We obviously accept an ATC for armed guards and a Shield/badge for LE at face value.

If someone wants to "challenge" the holster qualification requirement, they need to show us some kind of course synopsis and proof of completion. We can then make an informed decision.

JR
    CSSA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post

JR
    Curious, more so for my own benefit. Would you accept a US Resident Conceal carry permit? Or how about USPSA safety check?
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

HI i am a Handgun Director and Range Officer,no holster,OPP & Que PP can not use holsters,only ipsc & idpa,hope it helps,safe shooting people,thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    well. apparently some members got their CDP accepted which is why I am seeking clarification from JR. As his reply "depends", I sense there is no written policies on CDP, PPC and TDSA. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner1967 View Post
    HI i am a Handgun Director and Range Officer,no holster,OPP & Que PP can not use holsters,only ipsc & idpa,hope it helps,safe shooting people,thanks
    CSSA Life Member

I would say just do your Black Badge course & you will good to shoot all holster type league .
    Just my opinion

CGN frequent flyer
    I know that, but my personal time/schedule doesn't really line up with IPSC and IDPA matches well. Otherwise, IPSC/IDPA are no brainers as they are accepted internationally.
    just for me personally, I would be happy if target still runs their club level holster course as I only shoot handguns there regularly and just need a holster qualification, but that's no longer an option.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow01 View Post
    I would say just do your Black Badge course & you will good to shoot all holster type league .
    Just my opinion
    Last edited by luckey; 03-17-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    CSSA Life Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Is Target no longer offering their holster course?

CGN frequent flyer
    That's what I was told, maybe due to low demand for club level course as it's only good for one club

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Is Target no longer offering their holster course?
    CSSA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast