Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jard J180 Build Kits, $1299, in stock ,version for .223, .300 Blackout, not 7.62x39mm

It's hard to tell from the photo's but does the top of the receiver not match up with the top of a "mil-spec" handguard?
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind of Pain View Post
    It's hard to tell from the photo's but does the top of the receiver not match up with the top of a "mil-spec" handguard?
    Nope- the handguard definitely sits lower than the receiver top does. If you look at the buffer tube, you'll see it sits lower than an AR's as well, so you may need a cheek riser.
    Understand that voting got us into this mess, do you really believe more voting will get us out? I await the day when the ballots will be cast in the streets, before the guillotine and the gallows; until then, nothing will truly change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I checked with Jard, and the second shipment will, whenever it arrives, still be smaller bolt face kits, for 556/.223, .300 Blackout, etc. They will be bringing in larger faced bolt builder kits in later shipments. Longer term, they intend to bring in some interesting additional Jard projects, like a J180 lower that takes AK mags, and something in 9 mm.

I was seriously contemplating buying one of these receivers to convert my DPMS panther from a safe queen to a NR tool that I can use. Problem lies in the NR part, to be NR the barrel has to be 470mm (18.5" )or longer. The barrel on my DPMS is 406 mm (16"). So that creates a new problem. Instead of having a prohib in my safe that I can't use and have to await it's fate come April 30th 2022, I have an unregistered restricted firearm in my safe. Bein in possession of an unregistered restricted fire arm would not be a good thing should LEO com knocking at my door.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldfart View Post
    I was seriously contemplating buying one of these receivers to convert my DPMS panther from a safe queen to a NR tool that I can use. Problem lies in the NR part, to be NR the barrel has to be 470mm (18.5" )or longer. The barrel on my DPMS is 406 mm (16"). So that creates a new problem. Instead of having a prohib in my safe that I can't use and have to await it's fate come April 30th 2022, I have an unregistered restricted firearm in my safe. Bein in possession of an unregistered restricted fire arm would not be a good thing should LEO com knocking at my door.
    You could probably order the build kit and either send your parts to Sylvestre or have a local gunsmith do the install and handle the registration for you. The J180 has an FRT entry. The only negative is the government would know you have your restricted J180, and of course it would be a range queen. Or buy a non-restricted barrel with the same gas tube length and use your other parts in an NR build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    You could probably order the build kit and either send your parts to Sylvestre or have a local gunsmith do the install and handle the registration for you. The J180 has an FRT entry. The only negative is the government would know you have your restricted J180, and of course it would be a range queen. Or buy a non-restricted barrel with the same gas tube length and use your other parts in an NR build.
    I guess I could do that but that Kind of defeats the purpose. I could just as easily buy a completed J180.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Enough twenty inch ARs out there.
    Buy a barrel.
    “Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed.
    For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
    Hab 1:5

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind of Pain View Post
    If you put flip up sights on, would that variance be OK, {adjust for it?} or is there a higher/riser type front sight that would need to be used?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldfart View Post
    I guess I could do that but that Kind of defeats the purpose. I could just as easily buy a completed J180.
    The third shipment will have complete firearms, but if you don't want to wait, I'm sure ATRS or IBI would be happy to sell you a high quality Canadian made barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I checked with Jard, and the second shipment will, whenever it arrives, still be smaller bolt face kits, for 556/.223, .300 Blackout, etc. They will be bringing in larger faced bolt builder kits in later shipments. Longer term, they intend to bring in some interesting additional Jard projects, like a J180 lower that takes AK mags, and something in 9 mm.
    Ustauk

As you seem to be in the know..........

Is there a time line for the larger bolt face to arrive. A none-restricted in 7.62x39 is appealing to me.

Thx

AbH