Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Considerig Carrying Suunto or Garmin Watches - Feedback

Hi
    How about Lum-tec?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    Have a look at the Garmin fenix series as well
    I had a suunto watch it was rugged but ended up selling it and getting a garmin fenix 3

CGN frequent flyer
    Traverse came out too soon had some bugs. Garmin all around is a better brand. Have had a Cpl of each and will always buy Garmin. Battery Life, design, software etc. Its not a 'don't leave things on issue' it's power use issue. With everything on and real world tests the garmin wins every single time on fit, finish and function. Will not be buying suunto again. Like poster said above Fenix 5 kills them all at the moment suunto is playing catch up. They tried to beat garmin out of gate and the traverse was released prematurely and some features were not accurate when compared to high end hand held. The garmins were almost dead on to the handheld. They will always be playing catch up with garmin in my opinion.
    CCFR

Business Member
    good to know.. I did look into garmin at shot show last time i was there, but didn't pursue it at the time. sounds like it's the better choice and I don't want to carry lesser desired or likely to move item...
    I'll look into the garmin again and see if can be dealer for that...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OPA Extreme View Post
    good to know.. I did look into garmin at shot show last time i was there, but didn't pursue it at the time. sounds like it's the better choice and I don't want to carry lesser desired or likely to move item...
    I'll look into the garmin again and see if can be dealer for that...
    Yeah the new fenix seems to be the hot one now so the 3s will probably down in price. There are 3 size options for the 5 and sapphire crystal. Price point is up there but the 3s are still great and their fitness models. They run a line of cams too that are trying to catch up with gopro
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by hfx123 View Post
    Traverse came out too soon had some bugs. Garmin all around is a better brand. Have had a Cpl of each and will always buy Garmin. Battery Life, design, software etc. Its not a 'don't leave things on issue' it's power use issue. With everything on and real world tests the garmin wins every single time on fit, finish and function. Will not be buying suunto again. Like poster said above Fenix 5 kills them all at the moment suunto is playing catch up. They tried to beat garmin out of gate and the traverse was released prematurely and some features were not accurate when compared to high end hand held. The garmins were almost dead on to the handheld. They will always be playing catch up with garmin in my opinion.
    +1
    I paid the extra money for a Garmin Fenix 5 to get + 70% more technology compared to a Suunto Spartan at 680$. Suunto should adjust their pricetag a lot lower IMO.
    I don't think any company will come close to Garmin, I would be surprised.

Business Member
    I'm looking into the Garmin's now instead of the Suunto.. Thx for feedback.. can't do both, and Garmin seems to have better reputation here for features/price

Business Member
    In talks to carry the Garmin, as they have cool watch and car models I can promote... Anyone wanting a new model, pre-order, contact me.
    I'm still getting prices together, but will offer 10% - 20% off msrp, on pre-orders, depending on model.

Definitely interested in a fenix 5, will contact!

CGN Regular
    I have a Suunto Observer. Good watch but whatever the bands are made of, they break down quickly requiring replacements every few years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast