Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Urgent calling all IPSC Black Badge competitors

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Letter sent to my Local MP - He is Conservative and he has talked out about supporting our cause. I'll let you all know if I hear from him and post his response.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Letter sent to my Local MP - He is Conservative and he has talked out about supporting our cause. I'll let you all know if I hear from him and post his response.
    We have to convince the NDP and Bloc if we want to go anywhere with this. We know the cons will be on our side. Still good to give them good data and arguments to bring to the HoC though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henryboy View Post
    We have to convince the NDP and Bloc if we want to go anywhere with this. We know the cons will be on our side. Still good to give them good data and arguments to bring to the HoC though.
    As long as the NDP keeps propping up the liberals nothing is going to change. Jagmeet could just pull the rug out from under the liberals but won't. Why? Because the NDP agrees with the liberals and follow the money.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

I know that if I had voted NDP and not Lieberal, (I DIDN'T BTW) I would be totally pissed that I was now a member of the Lieberal party as a result of this coalition... The NDP have lost many supporters because of this alliance - and it wasn't to the Lieberals.

OK so I had to look up Dunning-Kruger. Not as book smart as some of you out there.

The term lends a scientific name and explanation to a problem that many people immediately recognize—that fools are blind to their own foolishness. As Charles Darwin wrote in his book The Descent of Man, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
    Well duh.

It not only seems to fit the gun community at large, as the post suggests, but also describes the Lieberal party in its dogmatic insistence that we are the problem.
    Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.~Thomas Jefferson

I called and e-mailed my MP. You should too.

Numbers count.

They probably don't read the e-mails, but I am confident they count how many are in for and against categories.

And in sufficient volume, telephones calls will give an MP good reason to think this issue just might be pertinent of his reelection - which is in his mind the only thing that really matters.

Just got a letter from Matthew Elliott President
    IPSC Ontario.
    So seems the ball is starting to roll.
    Hope the information get shared here asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippo View Post
    Just got a letter from Matthew Elliott President
    IPSC Ontario.
    So seems the ball is starting to roll.
    Hope the information get shared here asap.
    Same. I sent my own letter and have not received any response. I will send this letter as well. Everyone needs to do this. It speaks volumes when only a few out of thousands send in letters to their representatives. You have nothing to lose but your ability to shoot in IPSC - or perhaps keep your handguns in the future!

You fight this because your sports were not exempted? That’s the extent of your willingness to oppose? Sad.
    N.F.A.; C.S.A.A.; C.C.F.R.; NRA Life Member
    Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
    You fight this because your sports were not exempted? That’s the extent of your willingness to oppose? Sad.
    Oh damn
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever. ” ― George Orwell, 1984
    don't forget the ammo