Page 62 of 174 FirstFirst ... 425254555657585960616263646566676869707282 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhere View Post
    So, what happens to the banned guns?
    Safe queens forever? Fml
    Panic sell time?
    A bunch of X95s, Benelli M4s and Beretta 1301s (this one on the list as well?) popped up.
    Last edited by vp6111; 11-23-2022 at 07:25 PM.

The Fudds better wake up. It’s evil SAs today and nasty sniper rifles ( bolt action with or without a fixed magazine) tomorrow. They are coming for us today and you tomorrow. If it only saves one life..... .

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Cameron SS, your posts have always reflected an insight and intelligence which is both educational and well informed, and this one is no different. On a personal note, your words definitely give me room for pause on a day where most of us are understandably bummed out. Thanks for reminding all of us of what is both at stake now and in the future, by reminding us of lessons of the past.
    I understand CamSS' point...and he has a point...but when you come down a notch or two on the abstraction-scale these examples are hardly on-point. Guns are not sodomy or segregation.
    (NB: I'm not counselling anyone to do anything.) However, it's probably worth noting that the police have no resources to hunt down your "banned" carbines stored in your basement or attic.
    And many of us recall the long gun reg. Register or else! And most did not...but they did hold onto those same guns, and brought them out once the Liberals fell. And they will fall again.
    As I've said before: I predict massive non-compliance. Do these idiotic Libs really think everyone is going to hand over their SKS? LOL! And yes, when the numbers show, unequivocally, that only a small % of these guns has been surrendered AND that the cost of the program is already through the roof, then yes, people may not support it any longer. Again, remember the crazy expensive and ineffective LGR...?
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    Lol. Even dippers are pissed. NDP Reddit:

Just went through the comments on this reddit, a lot of Dippers don't seem to be happy about this. Sounds crazy but does anyone think the Libs might have done this on purpose to scuttle C21 because they know they would never be able to achieve the buy back? Seems crazy I know...
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Quote Originally Posted by I Dont Care About You View Post
    Those transfer reference numbers do not correlate to any firearm, in fact they do not even guarantee that a transfer occurred or that the transfer was for only one firearm. Thus that transfer number is useless to prove someone purchased a specific firearm.
    Then the best thing to do is create as many reference numbers for as many people that are willing to flood the system with non-transactions. Just say the deal fell through, couldn't agree on price or whatever.
    TINVOWOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Overlander2018 View Post
    Just went through the comments on this reddit, a lot of Dippers don't seem to be happy about this. Sounds crazy but does anyone think the Libs might have done this on purpose to scuttle C21 because they know they would never be able to achieve the buy back? Seems crazy I know...
    Wow. Now they are actually discussing how to reach out to their NDP MPs about that.. I'm wondering if the message gets to Jag. Imagine how out of touch Libs are if they pissed off leftists too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Janitor View Post
    Well guys if you want a semi-auto anything now is the time to buy it.
    You think they will let anyone keep these new additions or is that a *wink wink nudge nudge*

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Yep.
    We had two totally winnable elections.
    But, we "divided & conquered" ourselves. The Libs just sat back and watched.
    But congrats on sticking to your "principles" folks! Now shut up & hand in your guns...
    The PPC didn't cost the election. Even if every single PPC vote went to the CPC they would still have lost by like 5 seats.

The only way the CPC wins is if the left vote is heavily split. For all 3 of Harper's victories the left vote was split heavily, with 80 or more seats going to the NDP and BLOC.

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    the ppc did not steal enough seat that were given to ndp or liberals for having the cpc elected. do not fool yourself about it.

1/3 of the voters did not went to vote ...
    Correct. However, complaining about that implies that those voters could have changed the outcome of the election. Voter turnout tends to increase with age, and younger people tend to lean left, so if anything having those people turn up would more than likely give the Liberals an even bigger win.

Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    Wow. Now they are actually discussing how to reach out to their NDP MPs about that.. I'm wondering if the message gets to Jag. Imagine how out of touch Libs are if they pissed off leftists too.
    I sure hope it does. CPC voters aren't going to sway any of the politicians that have the power to put a halt to this, but NDP and LPC voters might.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The PPC didn't cost the election. Even if every single PPC vote went to the CPC they would still have lost by like 5 seats.

The only way the CPC wins is if the left vote is heavily split. For all 3 of Harper's victories the left vote was split heavily, with 80 or more seats going to the NDP and BLOC.

Correct. However, complaining about that implies that those voters could have changed the outcome of the election. Voter turnout tends to increase with age, and younger people tend to lean left, so if anything having those people turn up would more than likely give the Liberals an even bigger win.

I sure hope it does. CPC voters aren't going to sway any of the politicians that have the power to put a halt to this, but NDP and LPC voters might.

could you show the info about the non voters ... in the last election? you may have an heart attack considering how sure you are about who voted or not ...

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post

Uh-huh...(eyes rolling)
    We...as in the firearms community...divided and conquered ourselves. The PPC people helped A LOT though. Denying this is revisionist history. Remember, "O'Toole is just a Liberal" and "no compromise!". Idiotic, full stop. And then some gun owners actually voted Liberal...or for Liberal puppets, the NDP. And that's fine, I guess. We're a democracy, and maybe guns aren't a priority for you even though you're a gun owner. But if you voted PPC or Lib or NDP then you have no right to complain IMO. The ONLY party that has a chance of winning against the Libs is the CPC. And these people chose not to vote for them...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi