Page 63 of 174 FirstFirst ... 435355565758596061626364656667686970717383 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    could you show the info about the non voters ... in the last election? you may have an heart attack considering how sure you are about who voted or not ...
    Sure. If you look, turnout increases with age linearly, until you hit the 75+ group, at which point turnout drops a few points. Only 66% of 18-24 year olds voted, whereas 80+% of those 55+ voted.

2011 – Voter turnout rate 2015 – Voter turnout rate 2019 – Voter turnout rate 2021 – Voter turnout rate 2019 to 2021 – Difference
    % % % % %
    Age group
    18 to 24 years 55 67 68 66 -2
    25 to 34 years 59 70 71 71 0
    35 to 44 years 65 75 75 73 -2
    45 to 54 years 73 79 78 76 -2
    55 to 64 years 80 83 81 80 -1
    65 to 74 years 84 86 85 83 -2
    75 years and older 79 80 79 78 -1

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dail.../t001d-eng.htm
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker60 View Post
    Blaming fudds is a cop out- they've probably done just as much, if not more, to support gun rights as any other firearm owners. Fudds I know are members at ranges. Provide youth outreach to get kids involved in the safe operation of firearms, mentor hunters, provide space for boy scouts and girl guides. They are also members of gun organizations and active in politics. They have signed petitions at the range and penned letters to government officials. Sounds a lot healthier than those that go up the logging road, blast off a thousand rounds and leave their garbage behind for others (Fudds) to clean up.
    In my eyes everyone that owns a firearm and wants to keep it is on the same side. There's enough people on the other side so I don't see the point of making enemies out of fudds. If you're happy that a Fudd lost a gun why do you think he should care about yours? Going through the comments blaming a fudd is just about on par with blaming a liberal.
    You do you and blame who you want, it just seems very shortsighted to me.
    Well written.

And just like Trudeau our orgs have catered to the divisions within our ranks - some more than others
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Uh-huh...(eyes rolling)
    We...as in the firearms community...divided and conquered ourselves. The PPC people helped A LOT though. Denying this is revisionist history. Remember, "O'Toole is just a Liberal" and "no compromise!". Idiotic, full stop. And then some gun owners actually voted Liberal...or for Liberal puppets, the NDP. And that's fine, I guess. We're a democracy, and maybe guns aren't a priority for you even though you're a gun owner. But if you voted PPC or Lib or NDP then you have no right to complain IMO. The ONLY party that has a chance of winning against the Libs is the CPC. And these people chose not to vote for them...
    Or maybe....just maybe.... constantly sacrificing your principles for a "progressive Conservative" agenda is exactly why you've ended up in this predicament?

I would say the libs never really were going to put up a fight in court with regards to the oic.
    the current actions blanket cover the OIC guns and everything else.
    I believe the OIC was just a stop gap to slow us down and not the final solution

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knock-knock View Post
    Or maybe....just maybe.... constantly sacrificing your principles for a "progressive Conservative" agenda is exactly why you've ended up in this predicament?
    I keep hearing this sentiment, but I haven't seen anyone provide evidence to support such a claim.

If the PPC split the vote and that cost them the election, then I might be inclined to agree with you, but they didn't.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlander2018 View Post
    Just went through the comments on this reddit, a lot of Dippers don't seem to be happy about this. Sounds crazy but does anyone think the Libs might have done this on purpose to scuttle C21 because they know they would never be able to achieve the buy back? Seems crazy I know...
    Apples and oranges. The OIC ban with the floundering 'buy back' is the only one that mentions any compensation for confiscated guns. The handgun ban (I mean freeze) and now semi prohibition come without compensation.

My 'crazy' thought is that the Liberals are forcing this through yes, because it's their life long wet dream and yes, because it's their go-to wedge issue but...and here's the crazy part...it could also be because they worry there's a real chance revelations coming out of the EA inquiry or that communist China funded their MPs (maybe even the boy himself) will finality turn the public against them so they want this gun file wrapped up before the sh!t hits the fan.

BANNED
    It doesn't matter. They'll continue being angry at the PPC because it's easy to deflect your own party issues to some other boogeyman. The Conservative party was absolute garbage with Scheer and O'Toole. Total liberal-lite losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I keep hearing this sentiment, but I haven't seen anyone provide evidence to support such a claim.

If the PPC split the vote and that cost them the election, then I might be inclined to agree with you, but they didn't.

I sure hope it does. CPC voters aren't going to sway any of the politicians that have the power to put a halt to this, but NDP and LPC voters might.
    i'm wondering if this results in this "amendment" being rejected if they act quick enough.. well, a leftist govt getting push back from NDP is something that i have never thought i ever see in cdn politics.

so, to summarize today's highlights - AB and SK officially denounced the ban and NDP base is suddenly pushing back. Some lights of hope.

Sure. If you look, turnout increases with age linearly, until you hit the 75+ group, at which point turnout drops a few points. Only 66% of 18-24 year olds voted, whereas 80+% of those 55+ voted.

2011 – Voter turnout rate 2015 – Voter turnout rate 2019 – Voter turnout rate 2021 – Voter turnout rate 2019 to 2021 – Difference
    % % % % %
    Age group
    18 to 24 years 55 67 68 66 -2
    25 to 34 years 59 70 71 71 0
    35 to 44 years 65 75 75 73 -2
    45 to 54 years 73 79 78 76 -2
    55 to 64 years 80 83 81 80 -1
    65 to 74 years 84 86 85 83 -2
    75 years and older 79 80 79 78 -1

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dail.../t001d-eng.htm
    so the core 25-54 age is between 24 and 29% not voting ...

Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    i'm wondering if this results in this "amendment" being rejected if they act quick enough.. well, a leftist govt getting push back from NDP is something that i have never thought i ever see in cdn politics.

so, to summarize today's highlights - AB and SK officially denounced the ban and NDP base is suddenly pushing back. Some lights of hope.
    the base means nothing.