Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drop in Trigger Options for WK180-c

Ok. So after some research I went out and bought an ALG ACT to install in my WK180.

Install went well. New trigger is awesome. But my question is, did everyone have to remove the bolt hold open bar and the safety? Or it is possible to put a new trigger kit in without removing these components? Excited to head out to shoot it again.

EDIT:... Also I ended up re-installing the hammer and trigger pins that came with the rifle as the new ones in the ALG kit seemed way to short. Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,

Karl
    Last edited by schultzie; 09-06-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    -Karl

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schultzie View Post
    Ok. So after some research I went out and bought an ALG ACT to install in my WK180.

Install went well. New trigger is awesome. But my question is, did everyone have to remove the bolt hold open bar and the safety? Or it is possible to put a new trigger kit in without removing these components? Excited to head out to shoot it again.

Cheers,

Karl
    Yup

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schultzie View Post

EDIT:... Also I ended up re-installing the hammer and trigger pins that came with the rifle as the new ones in the ALG kit seemed way to short. Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,

Karl
    Yup had to remove the bolt hold open. Not too hard though.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Regular
    It doesn’t take AR trigger pins so you have to use the original pins.

Out of the box my WK trigger pulled at 9lbs and was really gritty and terrible. I did a little polishing and got it down to a nice smooth 5.5lbs. I wouldn't recommend anyone try this on their own, take it to a qualified gunsmith who has experience working with AR triggers. It's easy to screw this up and create an unsafe firearm so this should not be attempted by an amateur. However, once polished the factory trigger really isn't bad. I run Geissele's and Trigger Tech's on most of my AR's, but I'll probably leave this just the way it is.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the trigger pins walking out? I noticed my pins were walking out when I took it out of the box, you can push them back in but they seem to work their way out almost immediately. They don't completely fall out, but are about 1/8" proud of the receiver. I think the spring detent groves might be in the wrong place on the pins. I may contact Kodiak about this as it's 'triggering' my OCD!
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReal_Vader View Post
    Has anyone else experienced an issue with the trigger pins walking out? I noticed my pins were walking out when I took it out of the box, you can push them back in but they seem to work their way out almost immediately. They don't completely fall out, but are about 1/8" proud of the receiver. I think the spring detent groves might be in the wrong place on the pins. I may contact Kodiak about this as it's 'triggering' my OCD!
    For the Hammer Pin check the J Clip inside the hammer has not flopped over to one side. You could try removing the pin and pushing it in from the opposite side. You can see the Clip inside the pin hole in the hammer in this picture.

For the Trigger pin you should be able to see the Hammer spring captured by the Trigger pin detent looking from the top to see if the detent is not correct.....
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Super GunNutz
    I put in the Hiperfire EDT and had the same issue with the pins. The new pins were too short so stuck with the original pins. But the trigger is so smooth now and lovely pull weight with the 4.5 lb springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    For the Hammer Pin check the J Clip inside the hammer has not flopped over to one side. You could try removing the pin and pushing it in from the opposite side. You can see the Clip inside the pin hole in the hammer in this picture.

For the Trigger pin you should be able to see the Hammer spring captured by the Trigger pin detent looking from the top to see if the detent is not correct.....
    Both my hammer and trigger pins do this, if flipped they protrude on the opposite side of the receiver. I think the detent groves on the pins might be out of place.
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison

Took my WK out for the first time. Compared to similar style rifles, the trigger really isnt terrible or anything out of the ordinary. of course theres always upgrades and personal preference.

CGN frequent flyer
    I found the trigger gets better with time but is still crap
    f:P