Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ 557 Black Edition .308Win

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    The synthetic stock aside from a small warp at the end on a CZ 527 that I picked up is outstanding to hold and feels like the faux leather on the arm rests in your car.

Is this rifle longer than the Beech stock 557 ranger? or is it an optical presentation because of the muzzle break?
    How much does this one weigh?
    Is that a new metal magazine or the same regular 557 ranger magazine with the polymer base etc..?
    Really? I just got a 527 with the synthetic stock and I thought it was quite poor in feel, although I would still chose the same stock for this gun given that I already have a wood stocked 527.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    Really? I just got a 527 with the synthetic stock and I thought it was quite poor in feel, although I would still chose the same stock for this gun given that I already have a wood stocked 527.
    Maybe its personal preference, the synthetic 527 is the first non wood long rifle stock that I ever actually liked the feel of. does yours have the slight bow in the front of the stock as well? still has the barrel full free floating due to a wide tolerance but a little curve non-the less. I planned to use the synthetic one as a knock around gun on the side x side and deer drive rifle.

Last edited by gentlemanfarmer; 05-16-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Is that a 0 MOA rail or a Canted Rail?

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    Maybe its personal preference, the synthetic 527 is the first non wood long rifle stock that I ever actually liked the feel of. does yours have the slight bow in the front of the stock as well? still has the barrel full free floating due to a wide tolerance but a little curve non-the less. I planned to use the synthetic one as a knock around gun on the side x side and deer drive rifle.
    Well if I compare it against some other synthetic stocks I have owned, it is not at the bottom. I also planned to use mine as a knock around gun which is why I chose it over the wood stock. No bow/curve in my stock that I can notice.

Do they make these with carbine length barrels?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Just bought one from G4C good price at 899.00 free shipping.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Regular
    The 3006 come with detachable mag or hinged plate?

Cuz makes awesome rifles

CGN Regular
    I just bought one in 308 - so far it only shoots OK (1.25 inch at 100yd) - hopefully working on my reloads will help - currently my old Ruger 77V in 308 shoots much better (.5 inch) and in-spite of the Ruger having a heavy barrel, the Ruger weighs a full pound less. This thing is a tank - with a scope and full magazine it weighs a tad over 11 pounds. It also weighs more than my heavy barrel Tikka. Not sure where all the weight comes from. The stock material must be real dense as the barrel is standard. The weight and the muzzle break makes it an absolute joy to shoot.However I doubt if i will be carrying it very far in the woods for deer hunting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast