Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sumbro kind of makes buying reloads pointless

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Older stuff had some inconsistent powder and primer issues. I've run - and seen others run - the most recent stuff, and it has been stellar. I swear by Barnaul at the price point (2 issues out of like 5k), but I'll be moving to Sumbro full-time if they price stays around par.

Quote Originally Posted by Inno View Post
    Ive heard of bad reviews regarding sumbro ammo..... anyone with first hand experience?
    Well, there's hammerhill, who in post #1 of this thread said, "...The stuff I bought before performs flawlessly..."
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Found some in my range pick ups. Noticed it because 3 cases would not fit the 19s shell plate for my Loadmaster. Extractor groove oddly machined. This was old brass and very likely not related at all with the current offerings. I could put up with lots of crap for new mfg. 9mm at $0.25 per.
    Member CCFR
    Proud supporter of Wounded Warriors Canada
    Decaf is the Devil's drink.

How is no one calling this guy out on being a shill? Sumbro is trash.

CGN Regular
    For $10 more you can buy blazer 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone tom View Post
    I bought sumbro ammo 9mm and nothing but trouble in my smith and wesson 929 revolver. The casing expanded so much I couldn't get them to eject from the cylinder. I could only get 3 or 4 rounds to shoot. I wouldn't buy this ammo ever again.
    Have never fired it, but many of the spent casings I've picked up at the range and reloaded often fail my case gauge checks in my shockbottle case gauge. So I concur with tbone tom, casings do seem to expand on firing quite a bit.
    "For me, the action is the juice."

Well this could be a great opportunity to new shooters who have trouble with flinching. They can practice and some rounds will be duds.

Would also be great for learning how to tap rack bang for experienced shooters just a thought.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

I've just ran through 2,000 rounds of Sumbro. 1 failure to ignite out of the lot. This was all shot between my SFP9, CZ p-07 and Keltec Sub 2k

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    ####ty ammo, plain and simple!

CGN Regular
    Said it in another thread recently. Bought 3k of the loose bulk packs in the spring. Only been through 1k but haven't really had any issues with it except for 1 light strike during a carbine/pistol class.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast