Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: An Update on Wanstalls M10x pre-order!

Quote Originally Posted by madashell View Post
    But this isn't ??

"No update on the likely coming price screw over .... but look at this shiny thing you can buy from us !"

Probably should have gone about the no update update a different way ya know ?

This is their forum section, they pay for it therefore they can advertise whatever they wish.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    This is their forum section, they pay for it therefore they can advertise whatever they wish.
    Fully understand that, but what's APPROPRIATE is another matter because of the almost no-win situation.

Maybe starting another thread for the scope would have been a touch classier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The writer of the article (a SAR regular) is clearly very positively impressed by the M10X and it's designer, Michael Meier. This bodes well for the rifle, as SAR typically does not write puff-piece reviews. They are not beholden to the major manufacturers and never hesitate to point out design deficiencies or manufacturing problems. SAR found no fault with the M10X,, instead singing it's praises for design simplicity, accuracy and rapid-fire reliability. Even heat mitigation is addressed in a positive light, thanks to early venting of excess gas and ample ventilation through the handguard. In summing up the M10X, the reviewer notes that at 7.7 lbs (with the 16.5" barrel), the rifle is lighter than the SCAR (L), XCR-L, or Galil ACE. He goes on to observe that the M10X is less expensive than its direct competitors and asserts that Mr. Meier has achieved the "Holy Grail" of small arms design by combining AR accuracy with simplicity surpassing that of the AK, with modularity built-in from the outset. The reviewer bases these assertions on the fact that testing reveals 1 MOA accuracy with match ammo, and that the M10X contains far less parts than an AK (53 versus 70+).

A final note for those fixated on the "sand test" is that M+M will be offering the snap-in gaskets shown in one of the on-line videos by the time the Dec 17 issue of SAR hits the shelves. These gaskets will seal the cocking handle slots in the receiver against dust and debris, rendering the M10X impervious to the elements. It would seem that M+M are truly receptive to suggestions for product improvement.

Another positive review, this time by a reputable firearms periodical. So much for the haters and their baseless design complaints....

PS. The YouTube video that shows the cocking slot gasket upgrade is called "M+M Inc SHOT Show 2016 - New SBRS and More!". Discussion of the gaskets starts at 1:37
    Good to know! Let the haters read this lol

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    It's highly inappropriate. You should know better. You can edit your post you know.
    They don't seem to have a problem with a little friendly competition between Canadian retailers.
    It's their thread, they can delete it if they want to.

The receiver gaskets should be standard issue, not sold separately.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    They don't seem to have a problem with a little friendly competition between Canadian retailers.

Theres really no friendly competition in firearms industry in Canada. Look at TSE and other stories of complaints of other retailers selling lower than the other. Even going as far as not allowing items from the US to be sold to Canada or certain retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post

Where in the video does it say that the gaskets must be paid for separately? Mr Meier talks about them being available to existing owners of the M10X as an option, which only makes sense. Just because the rifle is designed to be forward-compatible doesn't mean that M+M should be on the hook for fielding incremental upgrades to existing customers. No other company does that, unless they are dealing with a safety-related recall.

As I understand it from the SAR article, the gaskets will simply be among the "rolling improvements" fielded on new-production rifles rolling off the assembly line as of a certain date this December. The article did not mention a price increase to new rifles as a result of the gasket addition. Just as there was no price increase for changing the muzzle thread to North American Standard from European. The gaskets will be 'standard issue" soon enough.

Wiĺl the pre-sale rifles have the gasket upgrade factory-installed? Only time will tell. If I have to pay for the upgrade after the fact, I will consider it. I don't make a habit of throwing my rifles into sand and gravel pits, so I don't really anticipate any reliability issues associated with the cocking slots. Others may have differing needs, so each to their own.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 10-21-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Mark C

Holy cow this thread is still going strong, and yet no update.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Xdmer don’t sell your XCR yet lol

No plans of that. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucsergerie View Post
    Xdmer don’t sell your XCR yet lol
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Where in the video does it say that the gaskets must be paid for separately? Mr Meier talks about them being available to existing owners of the M10X as an option, which only makes sense. Just because the rifle is designed to be forward-compatible doesn't mean that M+M should be on the hook for fielding incremental upgrades to existing customers. No other company does that, unless they are dealing with a safety-related recall.

As I understand it from the SAR article, the gaskets will simply be among the "rolling improvements" fielded on new-production rifles rolling off the assembly line as of a certain date this December. The article did not mention a price increase to new rifles as a result of the gasket addition. Just as there was no price increase for changing the muzzle thread to North American Standard from European. The gaskets will be 'standard issue" soon enough.

Wiĺl the pre-sale rifles have the gasket upgrade factory-installed? Only time will tell. If I have to pay for the upgrade after the fact, I will consider it. I don't make a habit of throwing my rifles into sand and gravel pits, so I don't really anticipate any reliability issues associated with the cocking slots. Others may have differing needs, so each to their own.
    I didn't watch the video about the gaskets, just saying they should come with the rifles not be an add-on later. I hope all the pre-sale rifles and all future imports come with them. You're right and I don't expect them to ship out a set to every person who already owns a rifle but all new production units should have them.
    To me "available as an option" also means for an additional cost. It makes sense to seal up the receiver as much as possible regardless of how a person intends to use their rifle.
    Even if a person is only going to use it at the range and it just goes from the safe to the case to the range and back I would want them installed.
    Last edited by cr5; 10-21-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.