Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tps arms M6 scout

Quote Originally Posted by chasseur View Post
    I picked up the 410 over /under version as I already have an original Springfield m 6 scout in 22/410. The 410 tps version should make for a fun bunny gun.Eventually I ll pick up one of the 357/410 versions and who knows they just might make a 44mag version if suitable for the action
    What chokes did the over/under ship with?
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I assume they are both full ,I will let you know when it arrives

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Of all shotguns the 410 must have a full choke to be worthy of a clean edible harvest at up to 30 yards #4,6, 7.5 lead birdshot IMO.

With IC you might get twenty yards if your place your tongue just right.
    Do you prefer #6 or #7.5 for small game hunting with a .410? It's always a "hmmm" moment if I want more pellets or less but bigger pellets?

As for 3" .410 loads...I've personally never found them to make bigger or denser patterns overall, especially at rhe higher cost it seems iffy.

For .410 buckshot tho, 3" beats 2 +/2"!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Consistent and dense patterns always pay off.
    Hence I use mostly 7.5 shot in the shorter 2 1/2 inch shell. Never fails as long as I keep my shots below about 32-33 yards. I can't remember last time I used a 3 inch 410 shell friend.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

I tested my 357/410 with remington XLR (extra long range) 3 inch shells in number 6. I have never owned a 410 before, so I was surprised to see great patterns at 35 yards. I didnt test past 35, but I'd say it can easily shoot further. My patters were still tight and on target at that distance.
    I'd say buy a few brands and options and see what works best, but this was all I could find in a hunting load. I dont plan to find something different. This was with the full choke it came with. I

My only gripe, the shotgun shot high with the designated rear sight. With the 357 peep sight I was right on target.
    That's just one man's experience.

Cheers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have found the 410 over under version has a tru glow front sight and a different style rear sight

How is the .357 barrel shooting for everyone?

Any luck with .38s?
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----

I used 157gr cast bullets, loaded a set of ladders with titegroup in 38, and a set of ladders with H-110 in 357.
    At 25 yards, the 38's were printing very large groups. The 357's were much tighter, but still not where I would like. I am going to change bullets and try again with a 357 swage. Sizing the bullets to 358 would not reliably chamber. From what I have seen so far though, the barrel prefers the hot loads. But I would really like to develop an accurate small game load. Will let you know if I figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jdschwass View Post
    I used 157gr cast bullets, loaded a set of ladders with titegroup in 38, and a set of ladders with H-110 in 357.
    At 25 yards, the 38's were printing very large groups. The 357's were much tighter, but still not where I would like. I am going to change bullets and try again with a 357 swage. Sizing the bullets to 358 would not reliably chamber. From what I have seen so far though, the barrel prefers the hot loads. But I would really like to develop an accurate small game load. Will let you know if I figure it out.
    Would the .357Mag be accurate enough for deer within 100 yards? I reallyyy want one but haven't seen much about the .357Mag barrel accuracy.

I wonder if lack of optics and a weird "trigger" is throwing people off some?

I was printing under about 1.5 inches at 25 meters in 357, which is not great, but I am certain I can do better with those hand loads. I have a new bullet sizer coming in the mail today, so I will get the next round of ladders loaded up ASAP.
    Once I get the load dialed in I would not hesitate to use for deer.

As for lack of optics, I chose to test at close range for this reason, but they really arent that bad. If you plan to hunt deer, you can always add the scope rail and mount whatever optic you choose. The "trigger" isn't half bad. Not overly heavy, has some takeup, but breaks clean and no grit. It would easy to polish up the trigger and lighten the spring a bit. You can comfortably shoot with one finger on the trigger bar and ergonomically isnt much different in feel from a conventional trigger.