Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3848505152535455565758596061626364656668 ... LastLast

Thread: US M14 Parts Kits

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    It would be really cool to have the FA arm on the rifle for appearances, but do they even fit on standard M1A stocks? Or is it just GI stocks?
    The connector fits on the FA select switch.
    Last edited by FALover; 01-21-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.

CGN Regular

Arrow

I've been doing a lot of research on these parts kits since the start of this thread, and have found a lot of solid information about them, including on this very forum. This is a very interesting thread about these parts kits from 2009 which was just bumped as I was writing this post.

These rifles were all hand selected from the massive inventory of M14 rifles given to Israel by the United States around the time of the Yom Kippur War:

From that source, which is reliable, only 28% of the 35,000 M14s given to Israel were hand selected for service by IMI, with the majority being broken down for parts. In the past, many of the parts kits exported from Israel were not issued parts, and were instead comprised of rejected parts from their inventory. The 28% of selected rifles were all above average in accuracy for the platform, and many of them were actual national match grade rifles pressed into service, though their receivers would have played a large role in their overall precision.

About 600 parts kits derived from service rifles were imported back into the U.S. by Springfield Armory for a special run of M1As produced in 1999. Since that time U.S. laws changed, preventing further importation of these rifles even in kit form.

These are actual U.S.G.I. fiberglass stocks which were heavily modified with the added cheek rest. The cheek rest is very high due to the scope mounts which were used, resulting in the inability to use iron sights with them in place.

Overall it would appear that these kits represented the cream of the M14 parts supply at a time when they were still plentiful. I'm surprised there are any left at this price after 24 hours.

CGN frequent flyer
    These kits are the kind of items that don't come around often. Thanks Wolverine, can't wait to get my kits.

The stocks in these kits alone are almost worth the parts kit! I'm seeing posts from 2005 where people are asking $400.00 US for one! Seems to be rare when they're not coated in some grip coating SAI put on them as well. I get more excited the more time I spend on google!

Really excited. I'm hoping there are one or two left by the time I'm able to scrape together some more funds
    I am a kit hor(der)

Could someone post a picture of what the exact heavy barrel profile looks like that came with these kits?

Does anyone know who manufactured these?

Please and Thank You.
    Last edited by cigar_man; 01-21-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    cigar_man (The Original)

CDN Forces (Army) 1985-90

www.garths.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    E-mail Ryan at sales and he should be able to help you out on Monday. We have a handful of odd parts.
    Thank you good sir: the email is sent and in the queue for Ryan to handle Monday.

I am happy to have the opportunity to fill the void in the side of the old USGI stock I have as I already have the fake selector switch that I picked up from Brownell's a long time ago. This really is an awesome opportunity for those people getting these kits to mock up a piece of history still being used in the world.

Good luck to those reassembling them!
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Quick question. The original post states that the kit comes with a chopped receiver. But the pictures don't show that. I would certainly like the demilled receiver as a bookshelf item..

Is the chopped receiver in the parts kit?

Quote Originally Posted by NickTdot View Post
    Quick question. The original post states that the kit comes with a chopped receiver. But the pictures don't show that. I would certainly like the demilled receiver as a bookshelf item..

Is the chopped receiver in the parts kit?
    The pic shows the front half of the receiver still attached to the barrel. Rear half unfortunately not permitted import. looks like you have half a paperweight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0ckw4v3 View Post
    I've been doing a lot of research on these parts kits since the start of this thread, and have found a lot of solid information about them, including on this very forum. This is a very interesting thread about these parts kits from 2009 which was just bumped as I was writing this post.

These rifles were all hand selected from the massive inventory of M14 rifles given to Israel by the United States around the time of the Yom Kippur War:

From that source, which is reliable, only 28% of the 35,000 M14s given to Israel were hand selected for service by IMI, with the majority being broken down for parts. In the past, many of the parts kits exported from Israel were not issued parts, and were instead comprised of rejected parts from their inventory. The 28% of selected rifles were all above average in accuracy for the platform, and many of them were actual national match grade rifles pressed into service, though their receivers would have played a large role in their overall precision.

About 600 parts kits derived from service rifles were imported back into the U.S. by Springfield Armory for a special run of M1As produced in 1999. Since that time U.S. laws changed, preventing further importation of these rifles even in kit form.

These are actual U.S.G.I. fiberglass stocks which were heavily modified with the added cheek rest. The cheek rest is very high due to the scope mounts which were used, resulting in the inability to use iron sights with them in place.

Overall it would appear that these kits represented the cream of the M14 parts supply at a time when they were still plentiful. I'm surprised there are any left at this price after 24 hours.
    does it at any time say if the surplus m14s were re-assembled into m14s and shipped out in that first sea-can we got from Israel back in the 90's- i'm having a hard time believing that all those rifles were sniper rifles