Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sharing my FOC journey

Sharing my FOC journey

If I didn't work in retail myself, I wouldn't be writing this note but I do and I can say that your outfit needs a major shake-up or your promoters will quickly become detractors.
    Like 70 thousand other Canadians I purchased several restricted firearms on 6/2, one of them from you. The transaction was easy and I got a confirmation email. My online account with you said "order fulfilled" and a tracking number was issued. Your competitors did the same, but also provided me with the transfer # which you reluctantly provided two months later. Fast forward 4 months and the RCMP informs me that I can take possession of the firearm. My profile still shows "order completed" and a dead tracking number. I attempted to call your shop but gave up after two consecutive days of trying. I inquired via email to which I received a response that "you're busy handling transfers" and that I will receive my firearm once it is my turn. I emailed again to ask whether I can pick up the firearm myself, no response. I live 200kms away so I'm not just going to drive there to find out whether your doors are open or closed. Anyways, it's been 9 days since the firearm is officially mine, I see an "order complete" message, a dead tracking number, you don't pick up the phone...a very stark contrast to the other retailers who at least make an effort to communicate. I'm beyond disappointed, and somewhat concerned actually
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est

Sounds like a shop to avoid.

Took over 2 weeks to ship my restricted out after confirmation they received my transfer...
    Dr. Catenstein Acres: "Nobody is welcome!"

i can tell you the answer: you have inacceptable expectation ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    i can tell you the answer: you have inacceptable expectation ...
    No it isn't.

Considering my last R purchases (once I recieved my transfer paperwork) I emailed all 4 companies that I got my notice (along with copies of it) I had tracking info from all of then within 24hrs and these are all forum sponsors (so pretty busy aswell)
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

the ... says it all ... and that was the answer i received from a non sponsor when i contacted them to get the transfer reference ... so i will repeat what is not right but that the answer they will be given ... on the last 4 purchases i ve made i received only one info the other ones cricket but i got confirmation that the transfers were initiated: the most important. then one that i cancel because i had inacceptable expectation from the non sponsor one ...

Sorry to hear your experience. I have actually been to their storefront very recently (last 72 hours). Their storefront is closed to public now in order to reserve all their human capital in dealing with shipping the restricted's. There is also a note taped outside saying the storefront is now closed and orders can only be made online only.

Now I might have gotten lucky as one staffer saw me wandering outside and was kind enough to let me into the store to complete my purchase without an online order.

I am not writing this to defend them but I do truly believe they are very understaffed at the moment and everyone there is trying the best they can.

I do believe they are staffed during their regular business hours (just not around the phone to pickup) and there is a high likelihood they can let you pickup your restricted on the spot (you are saving them works after all).

I wish you the best brother!!

Soley, tenda, and these guys lost me as a customer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    the ... says it all ... and that was the answer i received from a non sponsor when i contacted them to get the transfer reference ... so i will repeat what is not right but that the answer they will be given ... on the last 4 purchases i ve made i received only one info the other ones cricket but i got confirmation that the transfers were initiated: the most important. then one that i cancel because i had inacceptable expectation from the non sponsor one ...
    What does what you receive as a transfer # from a non sponsor have to do what the OP stated as a completed transaction??
    Also THIS IS NOT about getting the transfer # but telling them it is completed by letting them now it is now in HIS name.

So again, he let them know the transfer is complete, then drag their feet.
    From my experience, I emailed the other CGN sponsors when I bought from them the same, and within 24hrs I had tracking my pistols were on their way.....
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lushlobster View Post
    Soley, tenda, and these guys lost me as a customer
    If you follow all stories about purchase on CGN, you will run out of gun stores to buy anything…

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast