Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

CGN Regular
    Any one know the details of the amnesty? can we still use our rifles or not?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't own a swiss or 858.
    So what?. When push comes to shove, we stick together and fight.
    They are messing with my antiques, arbitrarily prohibing my dream .44 spl SAA on a transparently self serving "re-interpretation".
    I won't stand for it.

Like the way you think Mr. Wolverine, will support your business when I can.

They'll never get an intact receiver from me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    What is antique thing?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by stone25 View Post
    As a member of the CF I do not have a right to openly express political opinion. However I can state that I do not agree with the seizure of personal property that was legally obtained. I am an avid firearms enthusiast and believe that the rights of Canadians are being violated. I sincerely hope that this latest prohibition spurs our leaders to take affirmative action ensuring our rights in the future!
    Where in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms does it say that this would violate the citizens rights?

Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    Where in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms does it say that this would violate the citizens rights?
    Someone in another thread somewhere went thru this with deeper interpretation but I think it's mainly this:

8. Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickvaselino View Post
    Surrender or destruction my ass. Im in agreement with one of the posts saying we as gun owners should collectively grow a pair. The fact of the matter is that there are a great deal many more of us than RCMP , and good luck trying to find said guns or any other types they decide reclassify. Yes it may be word of law wriiten by some urban idiots in Ottawa . I guess i'll be an outlaw, and i will keep my property I also know that there are probably a good deal of serving mounties and CF members that also shoot and would not likely go along with this BS. I wonder if there are going to be numerous lawsuits regarding search and seizure based on the LGR data that isnt supposed to exist. I dont own either of these rifles in question, but i have firearms. if it comes down to it they will need to use numerous resources to locate and to seize them from me. This whole situation is a crock, and the funny thing is that the "powers " that be dont even realize that they will be pissing their pants if they awaken the gun owning hoards in Canada.
    Agreed, this is a general disarmanent in works. I grew up in an oppressive communist regime and its first order of business was a complete disarmanent of civilian population. No way in hell I would repeat the mistake of our grandfathers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairW View Post
    Someone in another thread somewhere went thru this with deeper interpretation but I think it's mainly this:

8. Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure.
    Well, the seizure of a prohibited firearm would be within reason, so there goes that argument.

Wow. How can you even suggest this. I know you are a high up gun guy, but suggesting something like this to me seems crazy, you really think the police are going to knock down the door of every PAL holder in Canada?

CGN Regular
    Can't seem to get a new thread up about it, (could be my ignorance on how to use these forms), but 2 year Amnesty was announced for owners of the Swiss and 858 rifles. They won't be prosecuted for owning prohibited weapons, and Blaney says more laws to come to protect firearms owners in the coming weeks. No word on being able to use your firearms. So for now, its just talk, and the amnesty has been reduced from five years to two years. Pathetic from a party with a majority.

We need to tell our PMs, Minister of public safety, and Prime Minister that if C68 and C17 don't go, they will !!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    delete
    Last edited by FreedomIsn'tFree; 03-17-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.