Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Supplying the IDF Gear for World War Z

Really was a good book. Too bad it looks like it's totally different. Hopefully it will satisfyingly violent and bloody.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMarty View Post
    Im thinking that they should have Tavors. Yeesh!
    That was the first thing I was looking for when I saw the trailer.

Doesn't look like it though

I'm sad only seeing the Tavor in junk movies like resident evil 8

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post
    Have to say its cool to see a movie like this involving any army other than the American Army.
    ^^^^ I will give any movie a watch based on this

The book was great. I am not a fan of the fast moving zombies. It worked well in the Dawn of the Dead remake tho. I anticipate the battle of Yonkers ! I hope it's in the movie!
    "If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
    Benjamin Franklin

Here is a quote for an interview with Brad Pitt about the movie...

Pitt said, “Well, you remember that at the time I was really interested in a more political film, using the zombie trope as a kind of Trojan horse for asking: ‘What would happen to sociopolitical lines if there was a pandemic like this? Who would be on top? Who would be the powerful countries and who would be the most vulnerable?’. We wanted to really explore that, but it was just too much. We got bogged down in it; it was too much to explain. It gutted the fun of what these films are meant to be.”

So in other words this Hollywood douchebag thinks people are too stupid to want to watch an intelligent zombie movie, which is what World War Z was - an intelligent book on zombies.
    Instead he made the same zombie movie we have seen before, very similar to I Am Legend. In this version he is some kind of genius that the world leaders decide is the only one that can figure out this thing. The movie is an action film. The zombies are CGI and super fast - jumping at helicopters and planes. There may be a battle in Israel and a few other places but it was a total re-write. They even had to cut some scenes that appeared critical of China so they would release it there. Remember in the book the pandemic started in China....

This is like someone buying the rights to Spider-Man and making a movie about Thor.

In another interview he said he wanted to make this movie for his kids. His kids are ....kids, not adults. What he obviously did not do is make a movie for the fans of the book.
    UNPROFOR 94/95, SFOR 2001
    Member of the CCFR and CPC.
    If you are not donating $20/month to the CPC then you are not serious about owning and keeping your guns.

It gutted the fun of what these films are meant to be.
    Because I'm sure all George A Romero or Danny Boyle cared about was having fun.

It's odd to see Pitt doing more than just acting in a film like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leibermuster View Post
    Honestly the whole Zombie thing has reached heights of annoyance I never imagined, it should have been so played out by now and they never make a film where the ZOMBIES put the HUMAN mob down once and for all....
    edited

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    I want to see the Battle of Yonkers... Sounds like the movie is way different then the book though.....
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

CGN Regular
    I thought the standard issue for the IDF was the Tavor? That's the only reason I just bought one! lol

Quote Originally Posted by mtlcruisin View Post
    I thought the standard issue for the IDF was the Tavor? That's the only reason I just bought one! lol
    The IDF has been using the M4 and M16 for sometime. Some brigades have been issued the Tavor since 2004 and more units now are getting the X95 Micro-Tavor.

But its one of those things: you don't switch an entire army's small arms in one go. You roll out the new platform in some places and replace the old rifles as they retire.

So SOF units are almost entirely Micro-Tavor. While lots of the reserve units still carry the M4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast