Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    I would expect that gun to be heavily discounted as well. But stamping your feet and proclaiming that you are "not going through the trouble of packing it up and shipping it" makes me wonder what you want. If you don't like it, send it back. If you don't like that idea, are you expecting them to refund your money and let you keep the gun? Or maybe send you another one at no cost? What exactly is the plan?
    I would expect that gun to be heavily discounted as well.#< That's what I want, a partial refund. Or if they don't want to do that, send me a shipping label and refund me everything including the 15% discount and I'll send it back. Funny thing is they were selling it for 2000$ while Tenda was selling it for $1850 and they wouldn't price match and only gave me $55 off my next order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Might be worth talking to the credit card company to see if you could mail it back and do a charge back?
    Sure I'll mail it back if they pay for the shipping label and return the 15% Christmas discount since I could have gotten that somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    It's Savage Canada in Lakefield that sent the rifle like this. SFRC is denying all liability. I will also lose the 15% discount I got for Christmas. Wtf? My Christmas is ruined. And I'm not going through the trouble of packing it up and shipping it.
    Chain of custody, who sent the rifle to you? SFRC or Savage? If SFRC sent this rifle to you, then your issue is with SFRC, not with Savage. You have not entered into any transaction with Savage.
    If SFRC is saying Savage sent it to them this way, that is not your concern at all. You have an issue with SFRC, and SFRC in turn, have an issue with Savage. This is on SFRC to correct with you.
    This is not a warranty claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Up View Post
    Chain of custody, who sent the rifle to you? SFRC or Savage? If SFRC sent this rifle to you, then your issue is with SFRC, not with Savage. You have not entered into any transaction with Savage.
    If SFRC is saying Savage sent it to them this way, that is not your concern at all. You have an issue with SFRC, and SFRC in turn, have an issue with Savage. This is on SFRC to correct with you.
    This is not a warranty claim.
    Thank you! It's like I have to babysit SFRC and contact Savage. Either way I emailed Savage instead of calling them so everything is on record. Savage might just revoke the contract with SFRC due to poor business practice if the rifle was not sent like this from Lakefield. I'm thinking it's on Lakefield though.

I would expect that gun to be heavily discounted as well.#< That's what I want, a partial refund. Or if they don't want to do that, send me a shipping label and refund me everything including the 15% discount and I'll send it back. Funny thing is they were selling it for 2000$ while Tenda was selling it for $1850 and they wouldn't price match and only gave me $55 off my next order.
    Sounds perfectly reasonable. I misunderstood, I thought you didn't want the rifle at all. Good luck with this; hopefully it doesn't turn into some long drawn-out mess.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Sounds perfectly reasonable. I misunderstood, I thought you didn't want the rifle at all. Good luck with this; hopefully it doesn't turn into some long drawn-out mess.
    Thank you sir. I'm not active on the forums but active on the range and really happy to see all the support I have received on CGN. Happy to be a loyal member. I just didn't know who else to turn for help. Felt very helpless and angry. It's Christmas for God sakes. We are not liberals who don't celebrate Christmas and expect brand new gifts. Not some old demo used rifle.

Thank you! It's like I have to babysit SFRC and contact Savage. Either way I emailed Savage instead of calling them so everything is on record. Savage might just revoke the contract with SFRC due to poor business practice if the rifle was not sent like this from Lakefield. I'm thinking it's on Lakefield though.

Reverse charges on the credit card and see who contacts you... SFRC or Savage. Then you will know for certain whom ought resolve this issue.

This is exactly why I try to buy nicer rifles in person.. sucks man. Seems like you got a demo model or one used for a day.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

Sure I'll mail it back if they pay for the shipping label and return the 15% Christmas discount since I could have gotten that somewhere else.
    I don't understand what you mean about refunding the "15% Christmas discount". Are you saying that if they pay to ship the rifle back, and refund you whatever you paid, you aren't satisfied? I'm not suggesting you should or shouldn't be satisfied...I'm just not understanding what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Up View Post
    Reverse charges on the credit card and see who contacts you... SFRC or Savage. Then you will know for certain whom ought resolve this issue.
    I'm going to do that once I hear back from Savage and Lakefield, forward the response to SFRC and see if they do anything.