Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lockhart Raven 556 in stock

Check your gun if your picking up. Might be a one off but ambi mag release was missing on a buddys. Didnt notice tillhe got home. Lockhart dealing with it now so thats at least good.

Does anyone know if the Raven 5.56 is compatible with the Knights Armament Company M5 RIS forend/handguard?

Requirements for this handguard are as follows:
    - Rifle Length Gas System (current models of Raven 5.56 feature mid-length gas system, but I've confirmed they will be switching to rifle length in the future)
    - delta ring assembly (not sure if this can be accommodated on a Raven 5.56 NATO)
    - fixed front sight/gas block (given that the Raven 5.56 NATO is direct impingement, I can't see any issues with installing a A2 fixed front/sight gas block)
    - either a round or triangular handguard end cap (no idea what this is about)

Does anyone know if this handguard would work, or am I better off going with a free-floating DDM4 Rail from Daniel Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by rtm View Post
    Does anyone know if the Raven 5.56 is compatible with the Knights Armament Company M5 RIS forend/handguard?

Requirements for this handguard are as follows:
    - Rifle Length Gas System (current models of Raven 5.56 feature mid-length gas system, but I've confirmed they will be switching to rifle length in the future)
    - delta ring assembly (not sure if this can be accommodated on a Raven 5.56 NATO)
    - fixed front sight/gas block (given that the Raven 5.56 NATO is direct impingement, I can't see any issues with installing a A2 fixed front/sight gas block)
    - either a round or triangular handguard end cap (no idea what this is about)

Does anyone know if this handguard would work, or am I better off going with a free-floating DDM4 Rail from Daniel Defense?
    The front sight block requirement and handguard end cap are what keep the handguard fixed in place, since it's a non-free floating handguard. The Raven uses a free floating handguard.

The delta ring just needs a milspec barrel nut to interface with as far as I know, which you would need to get if the handguard doesn't come with one. I think your bigger problem would be the fixed front sight/gas block. Those tend to be pinned onto the barrel, and since the Raven uses a free-floating handguard, there's no divots in the barrel for a front sight/gasblock to be pinned to.

In my opinion you're better off going with a free-floating handguard like the DDM4, because it would be a significantly simpler install; change the barrel nut, install new handguard. Easy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa1333 View Post
    I had horrible issues with the owner a few years ago. Went to order one of the pump action drum mags he advertised as in stock. Thought "wow what a good guy" as I could access a duty discount for my service. 3 months later, nothing has shipped so I give him a call. Guy is super rude to me on the phone when I ask if maybe my order was misplaced. Then admits they never had them in stock and the items are in turkey and he has no ETA. Wouldn't refund until I said I'd just charge back on my credit card. Vowed to never shop there again. Under same ownership still I wonder? Now they seem to only have these guns and nothing else in inventory.

Had a similar experience. Guy running Lockhart Tactical is scum, based on my interactions with him. Not a chance I'd give him another cent, no matter how good something he's selling appears.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Thanks to G4C.
    Ordered May 24, received May 29.

the owner of lochart is a scuz im a disabled vet try to buy an OVER priced flashlight from him he was rude told me to call back when i had the money in my bank, i was a teir 1 guy , hes a part timer .....i found true north , they have never been anything but gentlemen to me working out my problems when i wanted something , i wont deal with lochart if hes the only one who has it ..........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345