1851 Colt Navy Reproductions

drache

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Ive got a real one in my safe but it can no longer be fired to be well used over the years and it's a family heirloom.

So who makes reproductions and what sort of prices would I be looking at? I know some are just shootable knock offs wereas there are others who are true reproductions right down to the engraving on the cylinder.

Now of course Im not looking to spend thousands of dollars for one as I just dont have that sort of money to spend at this moment but I would like to see what's out there.
 
So who makes reproductions and what sort of prices would I be looking at? I know some are just shootable knock offs wereas there are others who are true reproductions right down to the engraving on the cylinder.

I think the true reproductions were made in the 60s roughly but discontinued to prevent forging. I believe virtually all are now made in Italy and similar in quality. Price secondhand locally would be 150 - 200 and they appear in the EE semi frequently in the 200 - 300 range

cheers mooncoon
 
second hand I wouldnt pay more then 300 for a good one and at that price it better say Uberti ....or colt which in reality is just a dressed out uberti.
 
Here's a used Uberti 1851 Navy that I bought at Shooter's Choice. I paid $275.00 for it. I don't think it had ever been fired.

HPIM16091.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom