I have a 1860 Uberti on the way was curious about a few things
What size ball is used in a .44 cal? I have read that that you should try different sizes from .451 to .455 to find which one is the most accurate.
The question is after you push them into the chamber wouldn’t they be the same diameter? Shaving a small amount of lead would change the ball weight would it be enough to affect accuracy at 25 feet?
I went through my odds and ends and found a box of .457 round balls; would they be hard to load?
What size ball is used in a .44 cal? I have read that that you should try different sizes from .451 to .455 to find which one is the most accurate.
The question is after you push them into the chamber wouldn’t they be the same diameter? Shaving a small amount of lead would change the ball weight would it be enough to affect accuracy at 25 feet?
I went through my odds and ends and found a box of .457 round balls; would they be hard to load?


















































