1873 MAS production dates in Published works

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Hi All,
was wondering if there's any literature that shows the production dates for the 1873 MAS/ Chamelot Delvigne revolvers? Internet is all well and great, but I'm looking for an actual book or other published magazine article or production records that demonstrate their production years.
 
They generally have the production date (year) on the barrel.. I've never seen one that didn't. Is there a specific reason you want this info? I've got one of the e-books on them. I Havn't looked at it for a while. That info may be in there. Would that do or do you need an actual book reference?
 
That would probably do - I'm trying to establish a date of manufacture since they were rebarrelled at later dates, so I'm trying to establish overall production dates to show they weren't produced after 1898.
 
From the e-book

Manufacture d'Armes de St Etienne was the sole producer of the Chamelot-Delvigne Mod. 1873 service revolver. The total production, spanning from 1873 to 1886, was nearing 350,000 pieces

There is also a table in the book which shows production run by year between 1873 and 1886
 
Back
Top Bottom