1877 thundere expert?

singleshots

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Location
alberta/sask
I have an 1877 Thunderer that needs some TLC. Timing issues and a possibly some parts. Who is the resident expert on these type of pistols? who has worked on them.
thanks
 
All i can tell you is there little #####s to work on.
Nice light weight guns tho i like there weight.
But as to who works on them i dont know, i made and installed a Hand spring never do that again.
contact Deen at www.coltparts.com
He has all the parts you need and will mail them up here.
get a online picture showing the gun all in pieces and try installing the parts yourself.
Its very easy to break that hand spring as it does like 3 diffrent functions so be CAREFULL installing it if thats your parts issiue.
It is there weak point.
 
I went in mine a couple times. I would describe them like a pocket watch compared to a SAA. Mine didn't really need any work luckily, just had a sticky trigger. E-gunparts also has some parts.
 
Dingus just about said it all, they are a delicate clockwork inside and parts can be hard to locate. I've spent too many hours stripping and repairing them for my own collection which started in the 70's. Don't ask how many, but I have lots from beat ups to fine engraved.
 
So far it is beyond me to get mine to work single action. I made the trigger return spring and a missing screw. I had to buy the missing double spring for the hand and cylinder stop plus the cylinder stop was broken and I had to buy and fit a replacement casting. Extremely fiddly things to work on with minimal space for error. I would never buy another one on that basis

cheers mooncoon
 
I like .41 Colt but I don't think I would ever buy another. Even if it worked fine when it breaks down it will be a ##### to repair compared to my SAA.
 
Back
Top Bottom