223 for $275/1000

Just reboxed PMC, already sold in Canada.

If it is reboxed PMC then it is already on the "Approved" list?

So in theory you could do an export yourself, though a registered US exporter. (Near the border so you could pick it up and take it across the border yourself saving cross border dangerous goods shipping/brokerage.)
 
Back in 2001, I bought 4000 rounds of SA Surplus for...get this... $200/1000!

But reloading is the ticket. You can eaaaasily load for less than $300/1000 using good components. Heck, I can load precision 55gr VMAX for around $350/1000.
 
all those reloading answers are fine (i do it for .308) but unless I can find someone I can trust and who's ready to work for $5/h there is no saving of money for more than 1000 rounds.
Beside, most schools want factory ammo...
 
With all these deals floating around its best you guys dont check out 'cheaperthandirt.com ' ;)

I compared a few rimfire ammo prices, and there is a bit of a difference, but not that huge.

CTD Federal 525 bulk pack = 15.95 US = 17.30 CDN (exchange rate plus conversion cost)
Ammosource = 21.99 CDN

223 American Eagle = 366 US = 395 CDN
Ammosource = 450 CDN
 
Okay load me up a 1000, I`ll pay ya a hundred bucks :)

1. I am not licensed to manufacture ammunition, so that wouldn't work.
2. My liability insurance doesn't cover it.
3. I don't work for $3.00 per hour. 1000 rounds of ammo from a primed shot piece of brass to a completed cartridge is about 2 minutes per piece (deprime/resize, tumble, re-prime, powder load (which includes verification every 10-20 pieces, bullet seating) or 2000 minutes or 33 1/3 hours.
4. If the customer base was 15 times bigger (there are 3,000,000 buyers here and about 47,000,000 in the U.S.) prices would reflect this. This is an easy fix. Do your part and get more people into shooting and gun ownership. I average 1-3 new shooters into the hobby per year. Imagine if every gun owner did the same thing. There would be 9,000,000 new gun owners in 3 years. Prices would definitely drop.
5. It's an "in demand" industry and the industry and the dealers set the price based on the firearms population and the product they bring in. If dealers sold 1000 pieces of .223 for $799.99, you'd still buy it because you have no other choice but to illegally smuggle it into Canada.
6. There is another legal option to buy ammo from the U.S. and bring it back to Canada, however you'll have to do the research on your own or talk to some of the members from your club that frequent competitions and go hunting in the U.S. on a regular basis. You can bring ammo back from the U.S. into Canada under certain quantities and conditions properly and legally.
 
Just to add insult to injury!

new_items.jpg

Taken from firequest email & it seems that prices are on the down ward trend.
 
You can handload for $240.00/1000 right here in Canada, today. You get to control the brass, bullet, primer, and powder load. You can make your rifle sing to the same tune as the music the completed cartridge is playing. Beats buying commercial or even from the U.S.

.223 is one of the cheapest calibers to reload. Al the components even with high demand are extremely abundant.

That seems like an optimistic price for components. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Please give Canadian sources for bullet/primer/powder to meet that 24 cents per round cost. Lets assume brass is free (I have thousands in my basement and scavenging from the range would be reasonably quick and easy for others).
 
That seems like an optimistic price for components. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Please give Canadian sources for bullet/primer/powder to meet that 24 cents per round cost. Lets assume brass is free (I have thousands in my basement and scavenging from the range would be reasonably quick and easy for others).

Higginson's 55 grain Hornady FMJBT Bulk $120/k
Powder at 25 grains/load = 25,000 = 3-1/2pounds, Higginsons surplus (similar to H335) is $120 for 7 lbs, so $60 per 1,000
Primers $40/k

Total 120 + 60 + 40 = $220/k


However it is the shipping that will really get you unless you are local......
 
Higginson's 55 grain Hornady FMJBT Bulk $120/k
Powder at 25 grains/load = 25,000 = 3-1/2pounds, Higginsons surplus (similar to H335) is $120 for 7 lbs, so $60 per 1,000
Primers $40/k

Total 120 + 60 + 40 = $220/k


However it is the shipping that will really get you unless you are local......

what dealer is this available from?
 
Wow. Cheap. I just picked up a bunch of Winchester white box (reboxed 5.56 PMC) in the states for much more than that. Now it is sold out :(
 
Wolf Russian Steel Case.
Not Wolf in Kingston.

Not approved for sale in Canada.

Any new Wolf ammo in Canada, has been smuggled out of the US. (Other than small quantities of a couple hundred cartridges allowed by a US Citizen to take with him out of the US without an Export Permit)
 
Not approved for sale in Canada.

Any new Wolf ammo in Canada, has been smuggled out of the US. (Other than small quantities of a couple hundred cartridges allowed by a US Citizen to take with him out of the US without an Export Permit)


Oh yes, I know. I am fully aware. I've shot some and its smelly stuff, anyways.

I was just helping the guy who posted above me who thought the Wolf .223 mentioned was Wolf Bullets out of Kingston, ON.
 
Oh yes, I know. I am fully aware. I've shot some and its smelly stuff, anyways.

I was just helping the guy who posted above me who thought the Wolf .223 mentioned was Wolf Bullets out of Kingston, ON.

Oops, got mixed up who said what. :redface:

As I understand, the problem with commercial reloading of 223 would be getting a supply of brass, and consistent brass too, internal volume etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom