300 ultra

vikinglord

Member
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Location
Northwest ON
Hello guys. Just acquired the ultra mag. I have a box of 180 grain to start with, but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what flies best. I will be using this for all my big game hunting.Will the 150's have good knockdown power on bigger stuff like moose? Any advice from those who have experience with this cal. would be appreciated!
 
X2. I'd stick with 200gr of heavier bullets and make sure you can shoot it well. With the cost of ammo, and its recoil, few people do much practising.

The 300 RUM exists to provide the ability to throw heavy for caliber bullets long distances. I have one, but don't "need" it and don't hunt with it. If you will be knocking down large game at 400 yds+ it's a good choice, otherwise a 30/06 with 180gr bullets is more than adequate.
 
You'll have to try a box of as many brands and bullet weights as you can to find the ammo your rifle shoots best. The price of said ammo means nothing either. Remington 165 grain ammo will be better for Bullwinkle than a 150.
 
Back
Top Bottom