32 R/F questions

wr.sainsbury

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.5%
181   1   0
Location
vancouver island
Recently tried to use some very old Dominion .32 short that according to the label were Black Powder (or equivalent-my guess) After unloading 2 I tried them in an early Bacon to see if the primers would fire and in both cases there was a small trickle of smoke but no bang. Any thoughts on whether they would work or would they be dangerous hang-fires. Of interest -the BP cartridges held 6 grains of smokeless that was a slow burn compared to the 8 grains that came out of a standard smokeless ctg. Having said all this-anybody want the full box of old stuff\? and I'm looking for 10-20 rounds of something that will work. Thanks for looking in. Cheers
.
 
How do you pull black powder or unknown powder ammunition apart? The instructions with the kinetic style puller say not for black powder use?


I'm nervous saying this :yingyang: , but the "solution" is one of those RCBS bullet-puller "dies".....:wave:


Please note I am simply posting for informational purposes - not advice.
 
my experience with old rimfire ammo has been that ignition is spotty. I don't think you would blow yourself up but I do think that many of the shells would not fire. I am wondering if the powder was some sort of semi smokeless because of the slow burn rate

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom