.320 vs .32 colt short vs .32acp

9.mm

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Ontario
I have been looking for a size comparison diagram or information between the 3 cartridges to no avail.Any information or link to would be greatly appreciated.Cheers.Luc
 
I've got a selection of .32 auto (old WRA ammo) & .32 Short Colt brass I'll mic some tonight

I can tell you that .32 acp does NOT chamber in a .32 RF, if that's what you're looking at (.32 ACP is too large in diameter), I thought it may have been an option (for use in the .27 cal Hilti conversion) before I found .32 Short Colt brass.
 
.32 Short Colt (Unsized Brass - Winchester):
Case Length: 0.640"
Rim Diameter: 0.366"
Case Mouth Diameter O.D. (Unsized, Not Expanded): 0.314"
Case Mouth Diameter I.D. (Unsized, Not Expanded): 0.296"
Rim Thickness: 0.046"


.32 Auto (W.R.A. Co. - Winchester Repeating Arms dating to the 1920s or 1930s)
Case Length: 0.671"
Rim Diameter:0.355"
Case Mouth Diameter O.D. (Loaded, Factory): 0.334"
Case Mouth Diameter I.D. (Bullet, measured O.D. at case mouth): 0.307"
Rim Thickness: 0.040"
 
Short speaking 320 and .32 short colt differ in two ways thinner rim and 317 bullet on 320
Bullet is .312 on short colt.
.32acp different breed alltogether. More similar to .32s&w short, long.
 
What do you guys use for brass and bullets? I am having no luck on finding info and would like to know before my purchase what to use. Thanks for the replies BTW guys. Cheers. Luc
 
I checked the Starline brass website and could not find the 320 brass. Am I missing something? Do you guys have a link to load data for it? Keeping in mind im new to reloading. Thanks. Cheers.
 
Back
Top Bottom