While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
WTF? That is pretty weird. Something wrong with Remington's dies? Send them pics and an explaination as best you can. You might get a coupon for a few hundred rounds.
I have seen similar from most mfgrs over the years. Surprising how many get past "quality control" but nobody is perfect. No rim at all on occasion and Speer has allowed "short cases" through meaning your headspace is non existent, with the round being held in place by the extractor. I am sure they would be interested to see what batch that was from and may provide you with some sort of gesture of good will, but dont count on it.
Good pics btw.
Cheers
dB
I had a similar yet different problem with rem ammo in .45acp , the case heads were cut razor thin on some brass and the rounds were jamming in the chamber with nothing for the extractor to grab ,when I realised what the problem was I returned to WSS and took samples of the rounds out of a 250 bulk pack . The Rem rep was called and a full refund of purchase was issued , almost like they knew about the problem in advance YMMV but may be worth a try!
I guess I reload too much I didn't realize this was a common problem. I stopped buying factory right after a batch of pricey "personal defence" ammo stopped doing what most ammo tends to do. Exit the barrel...
"...Something wrong with Remington's dies?..." Extractor grooves are cut. Seems Remington's QC has gone down hill lately. Makes you wonder how it got loaded.
"...looks like .45 auto rim cartridge..." Nope. It's an ACP without the extractor groove. The Auto Rim has a .516" rim.
Pretty neat looking. If it's just one, I'd try to use it (in some non-essential practice time), and if it didn't feed, I'd just keep it as an oddity. Definitely not an auto rim, barely any rim at all, in fact.
Any time you manufacture million of anything, there is bound to be the odd item that slips through the cracks. Especially inexpensive items. Keep it as a novelty and move on.
You are complaining about a one in a million oddity? Send it to me for my collection as I'd love to have something rare like that. It'd go nicely beside the .243 case with two extractor grooves cut into it I have in my collection.