.450 cartridge (and Webley Pryse)

cyclone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
450page1.jpg


450page2.jpg


450page3.jpg


450page4.jpg
 
Fascinating.
Thanks for that cyclone.

However, fella's gotta be a masochist to be build'n himself .450 carts. :p

The Pryse?, a very fine revolver indeed.
Actually handled and even fired one once .... a special moment.
The owner had character as well. ;)
 
I had no supply of 44 Russian ammo so I cut down some 44 magnum brass, chamfered it on the inside and carefully pressed in a 45 cal ball with an aluminium vise ( the chamfered edge trimming the excess dia off of the lead ball). Over a 75% full case charged with FFG and held the ball in place by dripping melted beeswax onto the convex where the curve of the ball ( oblong actually I suppose) meets the case.
Just did trial and error in my reloading cabinet til I found something to decap and resize.
Actually worked quite well.
Masochist, don't know.
Had to try that gun out, man.
Necessity being the mother of invention.
 
Back
Top Bottom