.450 Webley M.P.

southwest maddog

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Location
Narrow Ranch
Hello,

I have just purchased a Webley M.P. in .450 calibre. It is not a NSW model but an old M.P. with a solid cylinder. I also purchased rounds that I had hoped would fit it but do not. They are cased in what I believe are .45 Schofield and .45 Colt that were trimed.

Those rounds do not fully seat and so the cylinder will not turn. I also purchased .455 Webley dies. So it looks like reloading time.

Can anyone tell me where to get cases that will fit an old .450 and also whether Fiocchi .455 would fit this revolver. I know that they can be hot but I am looking for cases at this point.

Thanks,
 
.450 can be made from cut down 455 it can be reloaded using .45 acp dies, my belgian made bulldog revolver can use both .45 acp or .450 but not all guns will fit both.
 
My .450 Webleys will not accept .455 brass unless shortened. The chambers do have slight shoulders.

If a .455 accepts .45AR, I suspect that it has been altered for ACP on clips.
 
I've a S & W 2nd model ( economized triple latch) that I run 45 Schofield brass through. At first it was problematic and time consuming, but I've it down to a painless, rapid procedure.
But my revolver has a longer chamber than a .455 Webley or .450. I run my altered brass at .898 which is 45 ACP length as it allows me to use Lee 45 ACP dies. I use 250 gr 45 LC bullets over 4.5 gr of Unique.
If the rims are too thick is the stalling point... I'd thin them. A table top drill press, several files and a digital micrometer are all I use.
While I've not done loaded rds, I'd think it could be easily enough done.
But if OAL is the problem, I'd say there is a reloader in your future.
 
If the trimmed 45 schofield brass doesn't seat then it probably just needs to be trimmed some more. I assume the rims are already thinned to about .035" to .040".

455 brass doesn't usually chamber in a Webley-made revolver chambered for .450 Revolver, but webley made many variations and custom builds, so nothing is written in stone.
 
Back
Top Bottom