.45GAP chrony results

gushulak

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Firearm-Glock 37
Ammo-Federal Premium .45GAP 185gr. JHP Hydra-shok
Temperature-25

Shot string (fps0
1071
1062
1052
1066
1069
1083
1062
1038
1048
1066

Average Velocity-1062fps
Extreme Spread-45
Average Deviations-9.3
Energy-463ft/lbs
Standard Deviations-12.8

Firearm-Glock 37
Ammo-Winchester Ranger .45GAP 230gr. JHP T-series
Temperature-14

Shot string (fps)
820
814
792
836
831
819
837
834
824
842

Average Velocity-825fps
Extreme Spread-50
Average Deviations-11.1
Energy-348ft/lbs
Standard Deviations-14.7

Firearm-Glock 37
Ammo-Winchester .45GAP WWB 230gr. JHP
Temperature-16C

Shot string (fps)
832
814
828
816
806
812
802
789
829
829

Average Velocity-816fps
Extreme Spread-43
Average Deviations-11.1
Energy-340ft/lbs
Standard Deviations-14.1
 
Nice, it's good to see the GAP actually lives up to it's billing as matching acp. How is the recoil relative to acp? I'd imagine it being negligibly more, with the gun weighing slightly less, but if the grip fits your hand better, then all the better.
Out of curiousity, where did you find ammo? I've never seen it on shelves, even in Fargo or Grand Forks.
 
Nice, it's good to see the GAP actually lives up to it's billing as matching acp. How is the recoil relative to acp? I'd imagine it being negligibly more, with the gun weighing slightly less, but if the grip fits your hand better, then all the better.
Out of curiousity, where did you find ammo? I've never seen it on shelves, even in Fargo or Grand Forks.

Recoil is slightly less than a .45ACP with same weight bullets. I like the .45GAP, small pistol primers so I can load 9mm, .40S&W and .45GAP all at the same time without having to change my Dillon over to large primers. I am a big guy with big hands. I like the same frame shape as the G17 and G22 as well. Ballistics live up to their billing. Its a nice round. My hands actually fit a G21SF perfect, still maybe a bit small but I prefer the grip on the G21SF.

Ammo was bought at P&D Enterprises (ask for Chris) and Ellwood Epps has always had good JHP in all calibres. Both are site sponsers.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top Bottom