.50 200gr shockwave

DsrtRat

Regular
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Location
Guelph
Just getting into the ML thing. Anyone try the .50 200gr Shockwave bullets? Was thinking they might fly a little flatter than a 250-300gr bullet. Anyone kill deer sized animals with them? They fly good and hit hard?
 
I've used them but have found that the sabots are just not up to the task of pushing them the speeds I'd like to. Truthfully, with a 200 yard zero, there is only a 2" drop difference at 300 yards with 150 grain pellet loads. Here's been my experience with the three pellets and 200 grain Shockwaves. I'd stick to the 250s.

FailedSabotssmall.jpg
 
I sure hope they work well. I'll be using them on a mule deer hunt in October. I have used powerbelt and found they didn't mushroom very well but seemed to shoot fairly accurate with 2 pellets of 777. So I have now switched to the 200gr shockwave with 2 pellets of 777.
 
I sure hope they work well. I'll be using them on a mule deer hunt in October. I have used powerbelt and found they didn't mushroom very well but seemed to shoot fairly accurate with 2 pellets of 777. So I have now switched to the 200gr shockwave with 2 pellets of 777.

If you keep the velocity down they seem fine. I've killed deer and moose with them and they worked well but I still prefer the 250 grain and you are only giving up 2" at 300 yards.
 
Use black sabbots with heavy loads this is all I use in my savage Make doesn't matter as most of the sabbots are made in the same place.
 
Back
Top Bottom