58 cal TC Big Boar loads ?

petew

Regular
Rating - 97.4%
38   1   0
Location
Alberta
Does anyone have the TC load data for the 58 Big Boar ? I am looking for the recommended loads actually from TC , not other brands. A link to the page or a picture of it would be great if possible. There are lots of 58 cal load tables available from Goex, Investarm , Lyman, Pedersoli etc, but they are not consistent .It seems eack manufacturer has it's own recommendations for how much their guns safely handle.
 
Pete,

When I had it I was shoosting 110grs 2F with round ball.

I found this data on "Shooters Forum". Looks like it was copied from a TC Manual;

For Use With .58 Caliber Rifles
Patches Lubricated with BoreButter
Use No.11 Percussion Cap, Musket Cap or
T/C Flint with 4F (FFFFG)Priming Powder .58 Caliber RifleBlack Powder &
Round Ball Loads
.570" Diameter
Lead Ball
Weight (Grains)
Black Powder
Charge (Grains) Muzzle Velocity(Feet Per Second) Muzzle Energy(Foot Pounds)
279 Grain
Lead Ball
80 grs. FFG 1302 F.P.S. 1050 Ft. Lbs.
90 grs. FFG 1373 F.P.S. 1168 Ft. Lbs.
100 grs. FFG 1428 F.P.S. 1263 Ft. Lbs.
110 grs. FFG 1519 F.P.S. 1430 Ft. Lbs.
120 grs. FFG 1595 F.P.S. 1576 Ft. Lbs.


For Use With .58 Cal. T/C Rifles
Bullets Lubricated with Bore Butter
Use No.11 Percussion Cap, Musket Cap or
T/C Flint with 4F (FFFFG)Priming Powder .58 Caliber RifleBlack Powder &
Maxi-Ball • Maxi-Hunter Loads
.58 Cal.Lead Bullet
Weight (Grains)
Black Powder
Charge (Grains)
Muzzle Velocity
(Feet Per Second)
Muzzle Energy
(Foot Pounds)
555 - 560 Grain
Lead Bullet
80 grs. FFG 1093 F.P.S. 1486 Ft. Lbs.
90 grs. FFG 1149 F.P.S. 1642 Ft. Lbs.
100 grs. FFG 1221 F.P.S. 1854 Ft. Lbs.
110 grs. FFG 1282 F.P.S. 2044 Ft. Lbs.
120 grs. FFG 1331 F.P.S. 2203 Ft. Lbs.

BTW, I'll be heading out next weekend with my TC Hawken and .58 Green Mountain bbl for a tasty whitetail ;)
Good luck, we should do coffee or sumth'n.
:)
 
In that case you would have to see I guess. I’d imagine a 36” would be pleasure to shoot my 32” sure is. Much more than the shorter TC Big Boar. :)
Next time out I’ll bring my chrony. A soft cloth patch will so less damage than a sabot I reckon :D
 
In that case you would have to see I guess. I’d imagine a 36” would be pleasure to shoot my 32” sure is. Much more than the shorter TC Big Boar. :)
Next time out I’ll bring my chrony. A soft cloth patch will so less damage than a sabot I reckon :D

Thanks for the Data. I seem to like it with 120 of 2F and a patched ball. The kick was less than the 54 Hawken and a Mini . I didn't try any REAL's in it yet or Mini's. I am sure they will let me know it isn't a rabbit gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom