6.8 SPC hunting cartridge

People buy guns other than the classic 6 or 8 calibres and not reload their own? wow.. ok :)


Just teasing.. looks like a great round being .277 based. I like it already. Could have been called the "Jack's super awesome tactical round".
 
i was just out at wolverine's today and bought 2 boxes of remington express rifle, 6.8mm spc, 115 gr. otm, and that was all they had bullet wise according to ryan.

i have never heard of an OTM bullet type, but from looking at it, i would assume it is a match bullet as it has a non-uniform very small hollow point.

i will have to check with google as remington's website doesn't really explain it either.

ah ha, otm stands for "open tip match".

some website's say it is fine for hunting, but i'm thinking a 110 gr. barnes tsx might be ideal for deer for 200 yards and under, hello XCR hunting rifle:)
 
I did indeed p/u a few boxes of the match grade ammo at Wolverine, but looks like it is a FMJ and contrary to MB hunting regs. Will eventually get into reloading...but in the meantime, rolled ammo is just fine IF YOU CAN FIND IT. I asked Wolverine to try and get me some. Thanks!
 
"...They are fresh out!..." Figures. What did they say about ordering? Mind you, the shipping would kill you.
Suspect it's one of those cartridges that reloading is the best option.
"...did indeed p/u a few boxes..." That fixes the brass issue. Now you get to hunt down dies.
You're running into the classic curse when you buy a new cartridge. Buy as much brass as you can find. Even if you are reloading yet. The maker's MBA's drop cartridges with no concern for their customers regularly.
If it's any consolation, Midway, Stateside, lists most brands and bullet weights as out of stock too.
 
Thanks Sunray - This is an interesting path. I will indeed look at reloading and picking up as much brass as I can in 6.8 SPC. I have other calibers I would like to mess around with, for which I have kept my brass.

I've sent en email to Wolverine to order me some Core-Lokt Rem, but no response yet. Epps had Rem brass in 6.8 SPC when I called last week - I omitted to say. Looks like I'm calling back. :rolleyes:

Tx!
 
Back
Top Bottom