7.62x54r

Expect to pay 1.00 per. Less than 1.00 per for Czech FMJ silvertip is good , slightly more for say S & B brass hunting ammo ( buy in bulk 100 rds , get a better deal).
Rumor has it some of the site sponsored dealers (Marstar comes to mind) will have the 800 rd cases of Czech surplus for sale this fall.
Til then , stay out of the habit of burning through rounds like Rambo...
 
Check out Tradex or SFRC at the top of the page, amongst the banner advertisers.

If you purchase, 400 rounds, Tradex, will ship for free.
 
Well, by the case (800rds and it`s surplus stuff), I`m paying $400.00, and person who sells it to me has over 40,000 rounds of the stuff....So I`m saving up to buy much more.....:D
 
Well, by the case (800rds and it`s surplus stuff), I`m paying $400.00, and person who sells it to me has over 40,000 rounds of the stuff....So I`m saving up to buy much more.....:D

I've been trying to find some surplus 7.62x54r for several months, are you getting this from a supplier or a friend of yours?

If it's a supplier, please PM me with info.
 
Pardon me for asking but as I read this post it sounds like you guys in Canada are paying a very high price for 54r surplus ammo and it' not that readily available either. Is this due to import cost and regulations,high demand or a ammo shortage similar to what us guys here in the states went through with several calibers over a year ago.


I hope things get better 54r is like everywhere around here worst case it cost about 22 cents per rd. and thats high. I have a lot of Bulgarian surplus I bought several years ago for $29 per 300 rd Tin. plus I reload the 54r also,it's a great rd to shoot cast bullets in and accuracy often time is much better than surplus.
 
Pardon me for asking but as I read this post it sounds like you guys in Canada are paying a very high price for 54r surplus ammo and it' not that readily available either. Is this due to import cost and regulations,high demand or a ammo shortage similar to what us guys here in the states went through with several calibers over a year ago.

...

We have a second front of gun control called ammunition approval. The feds have read their regulations carefully and will only allow approved ammunition to be sold in Canada. If it is on the list, you're OK. To get on the list is a difficult process and revisions are equally tough (which in fact encourages commercial stagnation). And if there is any mercury in the primers, forget about it. Think of the children/butterflies/mosquitos/cockroaches, etc.
 
Thanks maple_leaf_eh,I feel your pain. We have similar issue here in the states but not quiet as bad. We have Federal law which bans certain thing from importation mainly Russian SKS and SVT rifle and anything Chinese firearm or ammo related so no more Chinese steel core ammo.

Each state has it own regulations also but 90% of them match federal law,the other 10% are more restrictive as far as having an approval list on gun types,ammo and magazine capacity. Thankful I don't live in one of those states,would be nice to get my hands on one of those Russian rifles or Chinese Norinco M14 or 1911 clones.
 
Thanks maple_leaf_eh,I feel your pain. We have similar issue here in the states but not quiet as bad. We have Federal law which bans certain thing from importation mainly Russian SKS and SVT rifle and anything Chinese firearm or ammo related so no more Chinese steel core ammo.

Each state has it own regulations also but 90% of them match federal law,the other 10% are more restrictive as far as having an approval list on gun types,ammo and magazine capacity. Thankful I don't live in one of those states,would be nice to get my hands on one of those Russian rifles or Chinese Norinco M14 or 1911 clones.

can't get as bad as the situation here
 
Back
Top Bottom