7mm Rem Mag coyote

leeaspell

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
AB
Any advice on what round would be "good", and i use that term loosely, for hunting coyotes and not totally destroying them with a 7mm mag?
 
I don't know of any 7mm Mag factory load that won't go through a coyote. I've only shot one with my 7mm Rem. The bullet (160 gr Nosler) entered back of the left shoulder and blew the right shoulder blade through the hide. It was a nice thick January hide. The only way to save what I could was to case skin.

If you handload, Nosler 120 gr Ballistic Tip and Sierra Prohunters are available and might work with a good pile of Reloader 19 behind them.

I appreciate why you like the 7mm and want to use it, but I decided this was a good excuse to buy another gun and save the 7mm for my moose and elk hunts.
 
yea, the problem is i dont handload, yet. Guy at WSS said they had some 125gr but they were like $65 a box.

Then I think your choices are very limited, and will be expensive. Without loading your own, you must buy. I would just use my "hunting" loads and accept what happens to the coyotes. Even the 125 grain will be destructive at 7mm Mag velocities.
 
Back
Top Bottom