7N31 9x19mm variant "Grach" - Is this stuff available for sale?

BigGameHunter

Regular
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
4.2 g (65 gr)
600 m/s (1,969 ft/s)
756 J (558 ft·lbf) - Holy Cow That is starting to approach magnum Power

I have a Ruger P89 pistol and in the Manual it says any overpressure, nato or otherwise manufactured loads even 9mm machine gun ammo so that is not the issue. I was curious as to where I could get my hands on this stuff. It would be great for long distance pistol shooting being almost 2x as fast as standard loads as well as fun to shoot.

I still have Golden Sabres as Hollow points but even them are 200 lbs/ft less in hitting power.

Anyways can these be bought or were they just prototype?
 
anyone i mean someone must have tried some of these or at least something like it. Are there any other companies that put the 9mm into the 500ME area?
 
This ammo is designed to be armour piercing and would thus be prohibited.

I'm not sure that it would be a very good long range performer, given that the bullet is very light for calibre. In terms of terminal effect, it would be similar to other non-expanding 9mm bullets. That said, I think that improving on AP performance of conventional pistol calibres is a better approach to fill the PDW niche than micro calibres like 5.7mm or 4.6mm
 
Well is there any +P+, overpressure ammo that will touch those kind of ballistics. Yeah definately I think this thing would eclipse the 5.7 in terms of power and effectiveness as it is only slightly slower but much bigger and very fast for a 9mm which is why I would want something like this simply to have a 9mm that does 2000fps. You would open up a whole other level of capability with this caliber. Much longer distance target shooting plus magnum (lower end magnum) stopping power. This seems like a perfect round if only in FMJ or JHP or something that isn't armour piercing.

EDIT: Buffalo Bore and Double Tap come in with 1400 (BB Tested up to 1600fps and was 653lbs/ft ME) and over 500 ME regularily, so that is probably as close as you can get in a legal round that I can find which still would be great to try out. I wouldn't hesitate to try these loads out of my brick of a handgun and would like to see what kind of distance and accuracy I could get out of this. Also does anyone know what kind of hot loads you can safely make for a 9mm. I have around 1500 casings lying around and would like to try and develope a load that will do 2000 fps with a lighter load and see what kind of results I could get.

Any feedback? or personal reloading experience?
 
Be a difficult proposition to source jacketted bullets under 115 gr for reloading to those kinds of speeds. You could cast any weight you want, but driving cast that fast isn't typically recommended. I saw a guy casting using zinc wheel weights, seems to be the only way to get bullets light enough to get the speed you want, but that comes with it's own hornets nest of issues. I suppose you could get a custom mould made, for a very light, deep hollowpoint bullet with a gas check, but that's only if you have a bit more money than you need, a fair bit.

I've never seen 9mm as a load that typically pushes a whole lot of boundaries, you'd be flying by the seat of your pants as far as loads go. Not to say it's unsafe, or can't be done, but you'll be on your own, and hoping for the best, a lot of the time.
 
PYa MP-443 "Grach" is the handgun designed to handle 7H21/7H31 rounds. The civilian variant of that gun (MP-446 "Viking) is (reportedly) weakened to exclude the possibility of firing them.

The rounds themselves are classified military/law enforcement usage only and cannot be legally obtained or exported from Russia.
 
Back
Top Bottom