Amazing service from CFC techs

piper394

Regular
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
manitoba
Recently I bought an antique revolver on a driving vacation in the U.S. I knew this was an antique but thought I should consult with CFC before trying to drive through customs with it.
I called CFC from a motel in the middle of Nebraska and was told that I should have called before I bought the gun to get it verified, I explained that it was a spur of the moment thing and they forewarded me to the techs in Ottawa. The gal I spoke to was great, she was shouting my numbers and description to her tech somewhere in the room , he was shouting back questions and looking up the model etc.
They verified it as an antique and asked how I'd like to recieve the verification letter. I explained that I was on the road and calling from a motel and could they fax it to me? The reply was sure , how long will you be there. I said " about an hour" . After the laughter stopped she said ok I'll put a rush on it. I had my letter in 40 minutes.
All in all I was on the phone for about ten minutes.
 
Good to see that they can do their job quickly and efficiently.

Too bad their only real purpose is to sop up tax dollars.
 
CFC and Manitoba's CFO office has always been good to me. While we may not like the laws, I see them as simply doing their job, and doing a good job of it.
 
Once you have them on the line the techs and verifiers are great. It's getting them on the line that I find difficult. Good people all round in any event.

What'd you get???
 
Back
Top Bottom