Ammo crate from the US any experiences ?

Freist

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Quebec, Quebec
I read the sticky but I want to know if anybody ever brought back ammunition from the US without a permit. The RCMP website states that you can bring up to 5000 rounds of ammunition before needing an import permit.

The Explosives Act sets limits on the amount of ammunition and ammunition components that may be imported without an import permit. Generally, the Explosives Act allows you to import up to 5,000 cartridges of non-prohibited ammunition for your personal use without an import permit.

I would like to buy a crate (880 rounds) of 7.62x54R for my Mosin Nagant if I ever go to the states and I was wondering if any of you ever brought back ammunition from the states. If so, did you have any trouble what so ever with the customs from both countries.

Thank you for your info,
Seb
 
Export of ammunition from the US is controlled. So is purchase of ammunition by a non-resident alien.
 
Yes, buy it here.

When you bring something across the border, 2 things happen, you IMPORT it into Canada, and you EXPORT it from the US.

Canada doesn't care, however from the US, everyone must have a US Export Permit. That can only be obtained from a US Registered Exporter, takes a couple months and costs a hundred or two dollars. If you get caught exporting from the US, you WILL be banned from entering the US again for a long time. There ARE random export checks when you leave the US.
 
Back
Top Bottom