Anti seize compound on breech plug

Ed Smurf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
KZ Quebec
Can I use anti seize compound such as is available at CTC or other hardware outlets on my in -line breech plug threads? I have a compound (Knight's) and it is a green-blue lube. The ones I am interested in are those used for hi temp bolts and flanges.
Thanks
 
Sure... High-temp anti-seize is what I use on all mine with threaded breach/gas plugs. Never had a problem... And have never had one seize on.
 
I own a Traditions inline that has given me multiple problems in the past with the breechplug seizing after a day's shoot. I have never experienced that problem again ever since I place plumber's tape (yellow better than white) with a small dab of high-temp automotive anti-seize on the inside and out.

Another trick that REALLY works is to take a small break after your first or second shot, unscrew the breech by just an eighth of a turn and re-tighten. The pesky powder residue that causes the binding is forever broken and can't reform again.

I've since added a CVA Wolf to my collection, an absolute joy to tighten and untighten -by hand no less...- the knurled breech, no matter how many shots were fired.
 
Yup i use anti-seize on mine as well. Had to drill out a nipple for a friends barrel, it was one of the Hastings 870 black powder barrels that wasn't cleaned well after use, no more trouble after i told him to use some anti-seize.
 
Back
Top Bottom