Antique Guns Law(s)

BadLieutenant

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Location
Montreal, Quebec
I believe I saw the text of law in regard to antique firearms somewhere on CGN but can't find it.

I know it's the Canadian Criminal Code, but I believe I saw somewhere about the same text as the one on the RCMP letters...

Anyone?

Also, I would like to know if anyone would have links to the laws governing other countries (US, UK, etc)

Many thanks! :)
 
Not trying very hard were you? :)

Look at the sticky's, at the top of this forum section. The one that says "Link to CFC Antique regs ?".

Cheers
Trev
 
Not trying very hard were you? :)

Look at the sticky's, at the top of this forum section. The one that says "Link to CFC Antique regs ?".

Cheers
Trev

Yes, I tried making searches......... I remembered there was a thread... thanks! ;)

By experience being an admin and moderator on other boards, stickies can to be overlooked....hehehe

Would love to know about other countries laws
 
Yes, I tried making searches......... I remembered there was a thread... thanks! ;)

By experience being an admin and moderator on other boards, stickies can to be overlooked....hehehe

Would love to know about other countries laws

England has a system kinda like ours but they cant have ammo with there guns and cant shoot there Antiques unless they get a ton of lics and paperwork.
they have a cartridge list sorta like ours but can have much more modern guns without a licence.
theres some big antique handgun collections in the UK
I dont know where theres any links to there regs i have just picked up bits and pieces of info on englands info over the years.
 
I had the mental image of CCing an antique muzzle loading pistol.

Wot wot, young ruffians attempting to partake in the looting of my person? *draws OLD musket* You lads better bugger off!
 
they have a cartridge list sorta like ours but can have much more modern guns without a licence.

Amongst others, this is an example of guns not considered antiques, as per their law:

8.6 Old firearms which should not benefit
from the exemption as antiques are set out
below. This list is not exhaustive and there
may be other types and calibres of firearms
that should be considered “modern” rather
than “antique”:

(...)

c) Revolvers, single-shot pistols and selfloading
pistols which are chambered for,
and will accept centrefire cartridges of
the type .25, .30, .32, .38, .380, .44, .45,
.450, .455 and .476 inch, or their metric
equivalents including 6.35mm, 7.62mm,
7.63mm, 7.65mm, 8mm and 9mm,
unless otherwise specified in the list
in Appendix 5;

So... in other words, if I were in England (aka "Land of the Subjects", as opposed to America's "Land of the Free"), my antique revolvers collection would make me a criminal in their wonderful pseudo-free society... They just pretty much name all caliber SIZES available at the time - not even calibers themselves, but bore sizes to screw the unsuspecting sheeple from owning an antique handgun that can actually shoot lead rather than spit it. On top of that, they reserve the right to declare any old gun as non-antique at their police dept's sole discretion. Wow... :eek:

All in all, I think I'll stick with the Canadian antique regs. They may not be perfect, but they are much better, IMHO. Seriously, Great Britain's contemporary gun rights are on par with the rights given to a comrade-citizen living in "Mother Russia" under Stalin...

:(


Edit: After looking through Appendix 5 of the law, I was only able to locate 2 popular antique & exempt calibers: the .44 S&W and the .44 Russian... they don't even mention the .45 Schofield or the 8mm Lebel Revolver, even though those two have gone the way of the Dodo many moons ago. Rechambering to more modern calibers (such as the .45 ACP/AR) is also out of the question, it would seem. So I guess if I were in England, my .45 Webley (as well as others) would have to be on their way to the smelter, just to keep myself in compliance with the law (so that one day I don't end up being prosecuted for "illegal possession of prohibited weapons" like some gangbanger caught with a loaded 9mm Glock in his pants). Scary stuff... and yet another reason to vote Conservative in order to keep gun grabbers away!

:)
 
Last edited:
vote Conservative

yeah that is working well so far. why would I vote for a party that has lied to me so much? At least the lefties are honest about wanting to screw me over, the PCs on the other hand make us fools with thier broken promises. Can spend 10s of billions on jets I don't need but can't save billions by getting rid of a liberal registery...................
 
simply a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils for me. No other choices other than not voting. Too bad Preston Manning didn't run instead of Stockwell Day.........
 
yeah that is working well so far. why would I vote for a party that has lied to me so much? At least the lefties are honest about wanting to screw me over, the PCs on the other hand make us fools with thier broken promises. Can spend 10s of billions on jets I don't need but can't save billions by getting rid of a liberal registery...................

Well.. you still have the 'privilege' of owning ALL your guns and C-391 is still on the table and may very likely pass... that's as good of a reason to keep the Conservatives in power as any. If you're going to vote for lefties, you might just as well pack up all your guns and surrender them in for destruction to the nearest police detachment right now... that way, at least you'll beat the lineups of people doing the same in the very near future (if lefties get into Parliament as a majority).

I may not agree with all the Conservative policies or ways of doing things, but they are the least of all evils (and not only on firearm-related matters). So, until a more suited political party comes along to represent the rights of hard working and taxpaying citizens, it's all we've got to fall back on, folks!

The day I vote for left-wingers is the day that I'll poke both my eyes out with a burning icepick, lol!

;)
 
Back
Top Bottom