Antique gunsmith in the GTA?

the_beege

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Location
Toronto
Hi guys, I just got an antique colt SAA and was wondering if anyone knows a good gunsmith that works on antiques near Toronto. I called Epps and they have a 4 week turn around time so I was hoping to maybe find a closer place to home to have it checked out. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thank you
 
Hi guys, I just got an antique colt SAA and was wondering if anyone knows a good gunsmith that works on antiques near Toronto. I called Epps and they have a 4 week turn around time so I was hoping to maybe find a closer place to home to have it checked out. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thank you

Wow...4 weeks is lightning quick. Epps isn't that far from the GTA. I'd give them a shot if I were you.
 
Gunsmith services at epps are top of the line...take any projects i have to them..4 weeks isnt that long, wouldn't kill you to wait. word of advice: be sure you bring the revolver to them, and make sure you pick it up when its done..whoever does the shipping there is a knucklehead
 
Gunsmith services at epps are top of the line...take any projects i have to them..4 weeks isnt that long, wouldn't kill you to wait. word of advice: be sure you bring the revolver to them, and make sure you pick it up when its done..whoever does the shipping there is a knucklehead

i did not have any problems with shipping last time although i did have a little issue with my gun not being on the layway list but a little bit of talking that all got sorted out
 
Lol I know 4 weeks is not that long. It's just tough when you have waited (what seems like an eternity) for the gun it self. I agree with you guys and I probably will take it to epps. The guy on the phone was a bit rediculois though, he kept insisting that I needed an ATT before I brought it, I told him that it is an 1873 colt SAA and in a very condescending way he informed me that colt has made that model for many years and I am not reading the manufacture date...... A bit bothersome but nothing to loose sleep over
 
Hi guys, I just got an antique colt SAA and was wondering if anyone knows a good gunsmith that works on antiques near Toronto. I called Epps and they have a 4 week turn around time so I was hoping to maybe find a closer place to home to have it checked out. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thank you

About some pictures....and what do you need done on it?:)
 
I just need it checked out to see if I can shoot it. Also if there is anything that needs to be fixed in order to shoot it. I can send you pics by e mail if you wish, I still don't know how to post pics on here. I have a stupid Mac and I was computer illiterate already without the added headache of a totally different computer
 
Colt SAA are strong guns. If it's an original antique it most likely just needs a new bolt and hand, maybe endshake bushings but that's not too difficult to do yourself.

PS four weeks is nothing, I waited over four months for a gun before checking on it and the smith hadn't even touched it.
 
None of the numbers match and the guy who sold it said specifically that it is a shooter. It was converted to 38 special. I personally don't care if the numbers dot match. I just wanted a handgun that I could shoot and carry leggy on my property :)
 
None of the numbers match and the guy who sold it said specifically that it is a shooter. It was converted to 38 special. I personally don't care if the numbers dot match. I just wanted a handgun that I could shoot and carry leggy on my property :)

If you can't find anyone in On. I know someone in B.C. Do you know if the gun was recently converted or it's been shot alot! Did he tell you if an action job was done to the gun (trigger job, springs etc.)
 
Last edited:
I just need it checked out to see if I can shoot it. Also if there is anything that needs to be fixed in order to shoot it. I can send you pics by e mail if you wish, I still don't know how to post pics on here. I have a stupid Mac and I was computer illiterate already without the added headache of a totally different computer

Got your PM...I will send you an e-mail adress and I could post the picture for you!
 
If it was converted it was most likely redone (hand, bolt maybe a few other things) at that time, but could need a tune up depending on when the work was done.

Does the cylinder lock up tight when cocked?
 
Back
Top Bottom