Any Blackpowder Muzzleloader Groups in SW Ontario?

maple leaf

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
SW Ontario
I just got my first smoke pole flinter and am interested in knowing of any blackpowder muzzleloader groups in SW Ontario? I'm also interested in any Ontario rendezvous events. Any and all details are appreciated.

Thanks!
 
There are several Rendezvous events coming up. The earliest one is near Ameliasburgh, Prince Edward County in May. There's one in or near Gananoque, Wasaga Beach, Ogdensberg, New York and Petawawa. Plus maybe some others I can't remember right now. Then there's a couple of shooting Rendezvous at the Quadeville shooting range in the summer and again in the fall.

If you're really interested I can get dates for you. Be aware that you need an "outfit" (tent, clothes, guns, cooking utensils etc. of the period) to be allowed to camp and take part in the events.
 
A man to talk to is George wortner from Chatham. He's big in black powder and shoots often. He owns Wortners gun works

Have you got contact info? There was a BP invitational shoot up in Chatham years ago, but it seems to be no more. I'd like to contact George to find out if it can be revived if it is in fact dead, or is it just no longer advertised.
 
The only Rendezvous with actual shooting events that I know of are at the Madawaska Valley Fish & Game Club (Quadeville, On.). The 1st is on June 12, 13, 14 & 15. The 2nd is on August 28, 29, 30, 31 and Sept. 1.

1750 to 1850 period dress required at all times. $15/day camp fee.

Contact info: johnna@vianet.ca.

The other Rendezvous I mentioned earlier are "dress up" only. Some have blank firing reenactments.

The Ogdensburg, NY rendezvous may have live shooting.
 
Back
Top Bottom