Any BP shooters in Calgary area?

MikeD81

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just looking to link up with any BP shooters in the Calgary area. Seems like a super small crowd in AB. I do most of my shooting at the Calgary Shooting Center and so far I seem to be the only one there from the dark side.

Cheers

Mike
 
Sweet! I have a Pietta 1860 single action army and its a riot. I would be thrilled to help you out.

What exactly do you have? Do you have any caps/powder/balls?

Where in town do you normally shoot? So far CSC is the only range that allows BP. I work until 4 throughout the week but would be happy to hit the range with you sometime and get you started.

Mike
 
I have nothing but the pistol right now, and my membership at CSC is expired so I would have to go as a guest. But yeah, I would love to get that smokewagon up and running.

I was at a black powder shoot in the country 10+ years ago, organized by some AACCA members, they were shooting homemade cannons and stuff. Lots of fun, I could try and get in touch with them again. No pistols out there though, it was just some farm field.
 
That sounds like a really good time. Besides the pistol I have a flintlock Kentucky rifle and a couple muskets. blackpowder has all the fun of modern shooting but with extra work and more variables to overcome.... How can you not enjoy the challenge :)
 
I would be down for that! Unfortunately I have to work next Saturday but other than that I'm generally free any weekend. Just name the time and place and I'm there :)
 
The Alberta Black Powder Association coordinates several shoots and rendezvous in Alberta every year - check out our website. Unfortunately all the shoots are done for this year. There is plenty of opportunity to meet BP shooters around here once you make some connections. For obvious reasons we don't shoot indoors very much. We are trying to encourage the in-line guys to play some of our games with us using patched round balls rather than sabotted slugs but it is a tough sell. We shoot traditional side lock flint and percussion rifles, trade guns and handguns as well as BP shotguns. Most events also include primitive archery and throwing 'hawk and knife... We have about 135 members around the province including several around Calgary.

I am President of the ABPA so send a PM anytime for additional info.
 
Back
Top Bottom