Hi All,
I've recently acquired a nice antique percussion musket, that is very restorable, but has a couple flaws that need rectifying. One of these flaws requires specialized welding of the outside of the barrel due to pitting, and I'm wondering if anyone has had work done by Peter Nagel of Restorative Welding? He primarily works on antiques and old sporting guns, hence putting this topic in BP and antiques over gunsmithing. From what I've seen and read his quality looks good and has a quality track record of work and support for his work, but wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience with him.
To avoid thread derailing, I'm fully aware of the implications of welding a barrel - just looking for those that've dealt with Peter.
I've recently acquired a nice antique percussion musket, that is very restorable, but has a couple flaws that need rectifying. One of these flaws requires specialized welding of the outside of the barrel due to pitting, and I'm wondering if anyone has had work done by Peter Nagel of Restorative Welding? He primarily works on antiques and old sporting guns, hence putting this topic in BP and antiques over gunsmithing. From what I've seen and read his quality looks good and has a quality track record of work and support for his work, but wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience with him.
To avoid thread derailing, I'm fully aware of the implications of welding a barrel - just looking for those that've dealt with Peter.


















































