Any info on Clarke blackpowder SXS?

stickhunter

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
591   0   0
Location
Victoria, B.C.
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the antique and shotgun world, so please bear with my ignorance...

I'm trying to help a friend identify ann old SxS blackpowder shotgun. I will try to get some pictures, but for now, here's what I know:

1) English-style straight buttstock
2) External hammers
3) Percussion cap ignition
4) Damascus barrels
5) flat rib with serrated top ending in single gold bead.
6) Barrel length about 26"
7) Barrel diameter at muzzle about 0.6 - 0.75"

The sidelock plates and hammers have typical bird scene and scroll engraving. The only letters/numbers that I can find externally is the word "Clarke" written on the right sidelock plate.

From this limited information, can anyone point me in the right direction to find some further information on the rifle's maker and age?

Much appreciated,
Stirling
 
I suggest you sign into and post your question with photos on Doublegunshop.com



Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the antique and shotgun world, so please bear with my ignorance...

I'm trying to help a friend identify ann old SxS blackpowder shotgun. I will try to get some pictures, but for now, here's what I know:

1) English-style straight buttstock
2) External hammers
3) Percussion cap ignition
4) Damascus barrels
5) flat rib with serrated top ending in single gold bead.
6) Barrel length about 26"
7) Barrel diameter at muzzle about 0.6 - 0.75"

The sidelock plates and hammers have typical bird scene and scroll engraving. The only letters/numbers that I can find externally is the word "Clarke" written on the right sidelock plate.

From this limited information, can anyone point me in the right direction to find some further information on the rifle's maker and age?

Much appreciated,
Stirling
 
Back
Top Bottom