Any Value??

rbell

Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Part of an estate I am looking after. Any value as wall hangers? Any comments appreciated. 1st is DBL and 2nd is a London.
Tks

DSC03250_zps47786187.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03251_zps1e08ae8c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03252_zps83f73c29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03253_zps5aee31f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03254_zpsb0db3c64.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03256_zpsfddcd975.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03257_zpsc58280e6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03258_zpsef2df80b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03259_zpsdbd8f24d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03261_zps09df412a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC03262_zpsa9b63c7b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Last edited:
Greetings-As wall hangers they will draw about 150- in my market area. However the double looks to be of english origin with the full side locks while the single marked London looks more like a Belgian piece with the back-action lock. The double may be worth looking into a bit more just 'cause. Unfortunately these were the most common pieces found in any homestead and therefore not too valuable as many still remain in everyones closet or workshop. Cheers
 
Greetings-As wall hangers they will draw about 150- in my market area. However the double looks to be of english origin with the full side locks while the single marked London looks more like a Belgian piece with the back-action lock.

Oi veh :>) the double is belgian and you can see a perron on the upper barrel as well as the stamp that looks like a double british pound symbol. The single appears to have two Birmingham proofs on the left side of the barrel. What is really strange about the double is that there are different assembly marks on the two barrels; a lll on the lower and a V on the upper. I am guessing that the double has some problems with the locks; possibly a broken or missing sear on the right lock, based on the front trigger

cheers mooncoon
 
The Belgian double is a typical gun of the period. The sanded and heavily revarnished stock doesn't help its appearance or value.
The Birmingham made single is also typical of the type. The "London" is only for advertising.
Both these guns were common grade, widely made and sold.
Both would respond to some gentle TLC. As is, the $150 each would be pretty close.
 
Oi veh :>) the double is belgian and you can see a perron on the upper barrel as well as the stamp that looks like a double british pound symbol. The single appears to have two Birmingham proofs on the left side of the barrel. What is really strange about the double is that there are different assembly marks on the two barrels; a lll on the lower and a V on the upper. I am guessing that the double has some problems with the locks; possibly a broken or missing sear on the right lock, based on the front trigger

cheers mooncoon
Ditto on everything!!
I noticed the perron right away as well as the triggers, us fellas that shoot these guns tend to look for that stuff!!
Wall hangers, unless one wants to put a mess of work into them!
Cat
 
I like just such guns as I enjoy playing with them.
Below is one that I have....The lower stock was the original,
mynewtoy_zpsa67445ef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love old wall hangers!
janice
 
Back
Top Bottom