Any way out??

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
There's a lot of us in the same boat, but was wondering if there is a way to get 12-6 stuff like this to the USA. This one is a James Reid .22, made around 1870. So made for very mild BP cartridge. (Bore is very clean:)) Things like these are worth money in the US, but hard to give away here. I likely have eight or ten that should be south. I think we are stuck with them for now.
 
I believe they are considered antique in the US if they're pre 1899, and since Canadian export/import laws are easy, and the US import laws don't really care about antiques, I think you should be able to sell directly. Lots of antiques crossing both ways - only difference with yours is that it's a prohib here. I would think the RCMP would be ecstatic about a prohib leaving the country never to return. Might have to provide some evidence that it is in fact leaving to a buyer outside of Canada to get it off your registration, but that should be it.
 
Well if your gona risk shipping it to the US wait till Obumas ass is outa the white house at least.
ive had so much strange stuff happen since he did his crack down a few years ago on regular guns I have imported its been weird.
I had a nice british retailed 1878 Colt 450 disappear then show up back at my FFL 9 months later , I got the gun recently but what a ride it went on.
so bad stuff happens even with regular legal antiques.

I don't know enough about the export laws of Canada to risk shipping something like that 22 rf south tho it is antique in the USA , I know I wouldn't do that myself. better to have a Canadian export company do it.
be safe not sorry.
It could very well be no problem depends who handles the parcel and if you put what it is on our customs form that will only draw attention to it and you have to put what it is or it can be seized for that reason alone.
Wally could be right but I would go on the side of caution.
at least get some real good advise first from people that know for sure Bill
 
Thanks to all for your input. I think I will go with Mark's suggestions, do nothing till I know more. It's not a panic to move them, unless our Canadian princess gets a twist in his thong and does something irrational. And that could happen.
 
Back
Top Bottom