Anyone here know of/have legal incendiary or explosive rounds? (over 15mm)

I'm quite pleased to discover that incendiary and explosive rounds are legal in Canada as long as they are greater than 15mm in diameter (0.60 calibre). So, I'm curious as to what's available in this size. Do you have anything like this or know of where it's available? What do you fire the rounds with?

Nothing ad hominem Dogbert, but what application are you thinking you're going to use them for? Are you planning on cooking the goose before it hits the ground? A new alternative to seed fires? An overpriced roman candle?

I just don't see any range allowing these to be used, you're most likely going to burn a forest down if you hunt with them, and your local fireworks store has way cooler stuff for a lot less.

If it's just to say "I own one" I am with you on that. I am just trying to envision a safe, non-agitate-the-LEO, don't burn down the habitat application.
 
I thought that he was plaining on doing some fishing!?!
:nest:
But seriously I would also be interested in getting this permit. CanAm how would one go about to achive this clasification from the government?
 
And you'd have to register with Public Works, too.

Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD)
http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/dmc-cgd/index-eng.html

Overview

The Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) is a Federal Government Program administered by the Department of Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC).

The Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) administers the Controlled Goods Program, a domestic industrial security program that helps strengthen Canada's defence trade controls and prevents the proliferation of tactical and strategic assets including weapons, satellite global positioning systems and communications equipment, military equipment and related intellectual property. This is done by regulating and controlling the examination, possession, and transfer of controlled goods and controlled technology in Canada. Anyone who conducts business in Canada and examines, possesses and/or transfers controlled goods and/or controlled technology in Canada must comply with the Defence Production Act and the Controlled Goods Regulations.

Some examples of controlled goods and/or controlled technology that are covered by the CGD are global navigation satellite systems, nuclear weapons and design testing equipment, tanks, munitions, ammunitions with a caliber greater than 12.7 mm and some firearms.

The official details on controlled goods and/or controlled technology are found in the Export Control List, published by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada.

http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/dmc-cgd/apropos-about/apercu-overview-eng.html


Who must register?

Registration under the CGD is required for anyone who examines or possesses controlled goods and/or controlled technology in Canada. Proof of registration is also required for the legal transfer of controlled goods and/or controlled technology. Export permits cannot be issued for controlled goods and/or controlled technology unless the CGD registration is approved.

http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/dmc-cgd/index-eng.html
 
playing with such toys seems like your family will be collecting your life insurance a bit earlier than expected.
 
Back
Top Bottom