Anyone recognize this sling before I cut it?

SteelFlint

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Location
BC
Hey Gents - Picked up a '53-'54 Model 94 today and she came with this sling that I don't recognize:

AFYcTbM.jpg


uXmKEk4.jpg


To recover the sling mounts would mean cutting the sling itself - but wanted to make sure I'm not about to shred the Shroud of Turin. Any help appreciated, thx!
 
Nope can't be removed from the sling mounts:

NtXTgjN.jpg



Unfortunately, not a PCMR rifle neither - got me all excited Stave! - mine does not have any of three arrow stampings! :-(

All good, will give it a few sleeps before I chop it. At least she's period correct.

Thx guys/gals.
 
NtXTgjN.jpg


Looking at the crease on the buckle, and rivet washer.. Looks like someone folded it in a bit. Probably how they got it on. Folded it in a bit and pushed it thru and then just flattened it a bit.
 
Well... an hour of staring at it and 4 beers later, the sling was cut hahaha!

I noticed that the claws were marking up the stock when I packed it to the range a couple of times; this was the deciding factor. It's not a Ranger rifle, serial number/year of manufacture confirmed as much.
 
Back
Top Bottom