Are these CB caps?

sparling

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
20   0   1
Found this tin while junking some of my stuff.

Are these CB caps? The have little Acorns impressed in the brass.

If not, what are they?

If so, I should be able to fire these out of a 22 right?


IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg
 
I know I've used 22Floberts before. Those say right on the tin 6mm, what do they measure? Anything around .223"-.224" and you're good to go, if they are around .24" then no, don't run them through a 22. Not a lot of powder to push them through, regardless, be sure they leave the barrel, even with a little thing like that, an obstruction is still a bad thing.
 
If I am not mistaken they are collectable at the current moment, I wouldnt shoot them, especially when you can buy new cci cb caps in a short case that is easier to handle.
 
See it for sale except it is now in plastic boxes.
Price of $5 each is excellent. Bought 100 @ $3 at gunshow and dealer had them at $14 /C.
 
In my 22, they are more accurate that the CB caps with a pointed slug. Excellent for shooting rabbits at close range. (head shots only). I believe Rottweil still makes them but they are not imported into Canada.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom