Armi St Paolo (London Armory) .58 percussion value?

ResOps

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
North Bay
:)I'm taking a few guns in for trade this weekend and this is one of them and I have no idea of value. I was hoping to get some opinions here.
The rifle is is excellant shape and is a tophat cap .58 caliber made by Armi St Paolo Brescia Italy with London Armory stamped on the side. I'm at work but will take a pic tonight. My local shop seems to sell balck powsers high and I want to know the ball-park before I get to the field :)
Tx in advance for any help
~Res
Catalogue pic of my rifle:
LondonArmCo58.jpg
 
Last edited:
Well I am going to steal this thread a bit as it seems like ResOps got his answer but no one posted here and I am trying to help a friend of mine get rid of some of his rifles and he has one of these. I am thinking that it is in the $250 range but someone that knows more then me might know if I am right.
Any help would be much appreciated as my friend is very ill and I promised to help him raise some money on his guns but don't want to short change him.
 
Thanks Steppenwolf,
It was made in Italy by Ranson I think, I will have the rifle on Wednesday to confirm that.
I know the rest but never got into black powder so I am glad I asked so that I don't make a mistake.
 
Well I am going to steal this thread a bit as it seems like ResOps got his answer but no one posted here and I am trying to help a friend of mine get rid of some of his rifles and he has one of these. I am thinking that it is in the $250 range but someone that knows more then me might know if I am right.
Any help would be much appreciated as my friend is very ill and I promised to help him raise some money on his guns but don't want to short change him.
I bought mine used over 20yrs ago and got 385 for it no questions or quibbling - and paid half that when iI originally bought it- Hope this helps Chrisluh
 
Madness, when anyone can buy an original in very good condition for simular prices.
I'll never understand how anyone with half a brain would ever buy a repro cap and ball, musket, percussion long arm or even copied valuable CFs like Sharps. Same for swords, daggers, etc.
Unless your partaking in reenacting or there are no usableable originals. . Buy, invest and enjoy the real thing.
 
Back
Top Bottom